Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
....ever!

That is all.
You got it man. I won't forget. On 9/11 I was TDY to Fort Huachuca, AZ for an Army military intelligence conference. I woke up at 6AM in the hotel and watched the aftermath of the 1st plane that hit the WTC as I drank my coffee then I saw the 2nd plane hit on live TV. Our conference was cancelled so I watched the next few hours unfold in the hotel lobby with border patrol agents (who were also guests at the same hotel) and businessmen. Then with the all planes grounded in America, my comrades and I drove our rental car all through the night back to Monterey, CA. I drove through the darkest hours and there was no music on any of the radio stations - on that night all stations became call-in talk radio. Everyone kept calling in saying stuff like "nuke 'em", "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out", etc. Man, hard to believe it has been 7 years.

I wish I could do something more significant to mark the anniversary. I admire those who take time out of their busy lives to go down to the airport to greet troops returning from the combat zones.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
^ So true, i guess remembering isnt really paying the bills/taxes.
No, I'm not talking about people going on with their lives. I am talking about how after 9/11, people became polite again. People would actually acknowledge others by saying things like please, excuse me, thank you, have a nive day, and they meant it too. I'm not talking real crazy polite, just more of how people should act. But 2 weeks later everyone was back to being rude dickheads.

I also noticed at that time that everyone stopped being a dick on the road. people would use turn signals, let others in, etc. That also stopped after two weeks and everyone went back to driving like assholes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts