Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy, Murff, Had alot of fun with you two out there. Andy, you have alot of potential, I know the amateurs you will race against and you will do just fine. Murff, You suck, hang up the bike :eek:nfloor Just kidding. You also did good, Practice the riding position I showed you on the street and next time you are on the track you will do just fine. Looking forward to the event.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Damn it, I got to get out there again. But Im too slow right now and need to work on my smooth-ness so I can move up to "I" group. Then I can ride with these guys and we can maybe all go out. I know I need a lot of work, and Ill take any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VTEC, I will be happy to show you the ropes, you can practice the basics every day on the road...I would not worry to much about being slow on the track, cant be any worse than Murff :eek:nfloor , Just kidding again Murff.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Wow, you're being pretty hard on Todd.

Huh Huh Huh... I said hard on...

Okay, bad joke.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All in fun, Hope he does not take it personal, I might not get my spanner wrench back from him

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did look pretty fast...each time i lapped him i noticed it :eek:nfloor , Sorry again Murff, I did not have a intention of a "Pick on Murff topic" For the record Murff did ride very well :cheers , I look forward to the next track day with him and Andy.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Yea, Todd was way ahead of me. Much faster then I was out there. By the way Tom, I have your wrench. I will try to throw it in your mailbox after work sometime. I am not too far from your place. What house # are you again just so I make sure?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I hate to say it, although I don't have a problem admitting it....but...Something's really "gotten" to me and I'm having a hell of a time getting over it.

On entering just about any curve, I start to tense up and want to roll off the throttle - and yes, I know exactly what happens when you roll off the throttle while leaned over...and I'm well aware that you'll hold better under mild acceleration than coasting or especialy braking. Nevertheless...this is what's happening.

It's really eating at me and causing me to tense up. If I can't find a way to get past this, I'm going to have to give up sportbikes. :(

This didn't happen to me at all before my lowside avoiding a deer 3 years ago. Then I started having a fear of another lowside. Got worse when I put it down because of rolling off the throttle on a little jaunt with Matt a coupla seasons ago.

I feel like even if I did a track day right now, I'd be running it into the grass the first time I tried to carry any speed through a turn.

Anyone been through it this bad? Is there a cure? It's not even like I got hurt or trashed a bike - I rode home both times (although stuck in 2nd on the 2nd one by a bent shifter) etc.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Tom / Todd: Can you guys help me prep my bike (and me) for a track day? I am comfy with my bike's handling on the street and I think I ready to push it to the next level.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Hey guys - I've missed this thread since I've been busy at work.

Reactions to the track day at:
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280518

I had a lot of fun Tuesday, once I got my head and ass wired together!

Masuo (though I probably butchered the spelling...) - Bike prep is simple... self prep is less so. Pick up a copy of "Twist of the Wrist" by Keith Code and read it over, maybe a few times... Past that, I'd be glad to help get another on the track!

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Also, it pleases me VERY much to see the intrest in track days throughout this forum and motorcycling in general.

Race Tracks (NOT doing 35 down Hwy 100) are what sportbikes were made for!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very smart point Murff, also the county stadium is a fun course to learn on but very poor place to prove "Iam FAST GUY"

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom / Todd: Can you guys help me prep my bike (and me) for a track day? I am comfy with my bike's handling on the street and I think I ready to push it to the next level.

This is Murff area, I dont want to infringe. As far as if you need help going faster with more control.....I will help anyone that is intrested.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Hooray Track Days! Hooray Race Tracks!!!

(also hooray mspaint photo editing!)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
todd, I really want to ride with you and thrdrcr sometime.

i have a lot to learn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts