Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I am curious if anyone is planning on going to the Nesba event at Blackhawk farms on June 25 or 26? I have never been to a track day and am looking forward to checking it out. I was just wondering if any of you guys or gals are going and if you might have any advice for a newb like me :lol

Thanks, Ryan

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
My advice to you is to do one!!! Best time you can have on a motorcycle!

I'm signed up for the 26th. Name is Andy, #457 in the "I" group, gray and blue '03 R6, black mazda truck with a super dinky trailer on the back (not a word Todd!). Also look for Murff99 (Todd), #911 also in the "I" group on a fancy Aprilia. We are a friendly group! We are usually pitted by the control tower/building. We can introduce you to a bunch of other guys who pit with us as well, but don't post on SBN. Stop by and say hi. I'm sure we can answer any questions you might have after checking it out in person too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy I will look for you guys for sure as I will probably be by myself. I am just going to do the free introductory session to see what its all about and how to get my bike ready etc... If all goes well I am keeping the weekend of July 30-31 open as there is another event that weekend and I have some friends interested that will be able to make it for that one. I'm really looking forward to it....

-Ryan

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Awesome. I bet you will want to stay after doing the intro! It's so much different from the street. You'll be doing things you didn't think your bike was capable of! Your welcome to pit with us too. That way you know a few people your first time out.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I'm beginning a new exercise program...partially because I _need_ to and partially because I want to come closer to a standard size. :p To get "off the rack" leathers that fit around my gut, I'd need 'em cut for someone about 5" taller than me. :(

We'll see how that works out for me. I'm dying to do some track time, but custom leathers are a bit pricey for me right now when I really shouldn't be as fat as I've gotten...

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Rogue6 said:
My advice to you is to do one!!! Best time you can have on a motorcycle!

I'm signed up for the 26th. Name is Andy, #457 in the "I" group, gray and blue '03 R6, black mazda truck with a super dinky trailer on the back (not a word Todd!). Also look for Murff99 (Todd), #911 also in the "I" group on a fancy Aprilia. We are a friendly group! We are usually pitted by the control tower/building. We can introduce you to a bunch of other guys who pit with us as well, but don't post on SBN. Stop by and say hi. I'm sure we can answer any questions you might have after checking it out in person too.
Andy pretty well covered everything. I will probably swing down on Saturday afternoon to hang out, and ride on Sunday. Which day are you signed up?

Oh yeah - bring $$$ 'cause you'll want to stay!!!

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Im currently signed up for Sunday as well, but I will probably sign up for Saturday as well. Im going to be on the '03 red/black 636 (#611) in the beginner group, hopefully moving to intermediate by the end of the weekend. The names Tom and Ill be pitted with the two jackasses above. Stop by. Everyone you will meet that day is totally cool and everyone there is willing to help in any way what-so-ever.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Who is getting hitched?

·
Registered
358 Posts
A friend of mine down in Racine, I would come there sunday morning but beer burps in the helmut are not very fun! I might still stop in though.

·
All new kind of FAST!!
286 Posts
god i miss the track... but won't happen that weekend... diamond and I are moving...

maybe later in july or august we will get a track day in...

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Yup. Gates open up at something like 6 in the am. If you want to make a weekend out of it, BHF allows camping. I think that's what I'll be doing actually. Riding on sunday, but get down there saturday, spectate a bit, and then camp overnight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts