Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure there was a thread about this before, but I couldn't find it. Who is going??? I just signed up for beginner on the 5th. It would be cool to see some familar faces and meet some new folks from SBN there. Post up!

I know calculusballer was seriously thinking about it too...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well now I'm on the waiting list for the Intro session, hopefully someone will bail so I can get their spot :)

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
I'll be there both the 4th and 5th. I'll be riding the Aprilia, #911 in Intermediate. I'll be using a Silver Mazda Tribute as a tow vehicle, and pitting with a guy using a green crown vic ridding a 929RR w/ full race bodywork (blue, grey and white #300). Probably some others (R6, and a couple of Daytonas?). Swing by and say hello, or you are welcome to pit with us. We will likely have an easy-up, pit scooter... etc.

We usually pit in the gravel between the bathrooms and pit exit.

Cheers - Todd

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey sounds good. I'll be in a beat up black nissan with a u-haul trailer. :D I'll look for you guys.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well sunday was awesome. I was able to meet up with Murf99, some old faces, and some new ones too. I was bumped up to the intermediate group and was feeling pretty good. I was scraping knee every right hander and everynow and then on some left handers too. I had to take off my peg feelers too because I was starting to get those down around corners. Here are a few shots of Murf99 and me. Big thanks to SliderPhoto.com too! I'll def. be picking up a cd with all my pictures from the event.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
F***ING HELL - Rouge6 - you can ride a bike!!

Great weekend - weather was excellent. Rouge, on only his second track day (!!!), was bumped to Intermediate and was, I beleive, keeping up with me (a veteran of some dozen and a half track days). Well done, keep up the good work!

...and on a personal note - allowing 1 second for every broken bone, I was on pace with my best times. Furthermore, times which I previously had to hold my breath for were becoming commonplace.

Anyway - to anybody with a sportbike not doing track days - I feel sorry for you because you don't know what you're missing!!!

Cheers, guys - Todd

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Todd. You were still a little bit in front of me, but maybe once we can get those left handers dialed in a bit we'll really be able to tear it up. It was a great last day and I can't wait until next year.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Last day?
Come out to BHF on the 18th And take learning curve school. You are welcome to pit with us. How did the set up work for you? Did you like the corbin loraine Pads. A little note as how sliderphoto can help you turn faster.....Look at your pics and the look at Andy #19. See how his elbows are pointed out......yours are pointed down. You have better control and can turn with more control with elbows out. Take the school and you will learn more little tricks like this, :leghump

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Murf99 said:
Anyway - to anybody with a sportbike not doing track days - I feel sorry for you because you don't know what you're missing!!!

Cheers, guys - Todd
Somehow I think that comment was directed at me....I am glad your day went well. Are you still planning on the 20th? We'll be there. No, I will not be riding.....next year!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thrdrcr said:
Last day?
Come out to BHF on the 18th And take learning curve school. You are welcome to pit with us. How did the set up work for you? Did you like the corbin loraine Pads. A little note as how sliderphoto can help you turn faster.....Look at your pics and the look at Andy #19. See how his elbows are pointed out......yours are pointed down. You have better control and can turn with more control with elbows out. Take the school and you will learn more little tricks like this, :leghump
I was going to give you a call Tom. The setup was awesome. Spots on the track that used to be really bumpy, I couldn't even feel any more. It made a world of difference. The pads were deff. nice too. I'll have to look into the learning curves school. Tempting.....

BTW, My lap times were around 1:27 Tom.

·
Registered
358 Posts
1:27 is a great time. With a little coaching on how to hit the turns and a set of Perelli take off`s and in the race enviroment you should be able to get the R6 down to the very low 20`s. I could probaly help with a set of tires that you could use. I am glad i could help and gld you had fun without crashing.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, thanks Tom, the setup really did help my day. I realize now that I have a wedding to go to on that saturday, so I don't think I'll be able to make the racing school. I would like to try and get down there on sunday and see you guys race though.

If anyone knows someone selling some rearsets or relocators for an R6, let me know. I was dragging my boot quite a bit and I'd like to try and pick some up for next year.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Looks like you're tearing it up Andy! You're making track days harder for me to resist!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts