Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NESBA has released their track dates for 2008. I'd like to try and plan a track day where all of the Mississippi riders head up to Barber in Birmingham, AL for a track day.

If you have never been, its the most fun you can have with your bike! Everyone should at least TRY it once (but no one ever does it just once, its like crack!). And Barber is one of the top track in the country.

Anyway, you'll need a full leather suit (1 or 2 piece. The 2 piece must zip around 70% of your waiste), helmet, gauntlet gloves (cover your wrist) and boots.

I would recommend better than stock tires. I have been twice and the 2 variables that were different were my bad body positioning and terrible tires the first time; the second time I had much improved body positioning and good tires and it made a HUGE difference.

Some tires I would recommend:

Bridgestone BT-002 RS (dual compound and the ones I use)
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT (dual compound)
Dunlop Qualifiers
Pirelli Diablo Corsa III (dual compound)

There is a hotel RIGHT beside Barber Motorsports Park that I usually get a room at. Its not the nicest hotel BUT it is about $60 a night, so it helps to keep the trip as cheap as possible....Once I see who is interested I'll put the hotel info in the thread.

As for NESBA Barber dates:

Saturday March 3rd
Sunday March 4th

Saturday April 28th
Sunday April 29th

Saturday June 23rd
Sunday June 24th

I'm leaning toward the Sunday April 29th date. I like Sundays because that way I can drive up Friday night, set up and prep saturday and ride sunday.

Will probably also be looking at a Road Atlanta trip in the Fall, but I'll leave that to another thread!

Barber 2008 attendies list:
1. IcemanK aka Charles

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. IcemanK aka Charles
2. Colelt1

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
yea can we get a price for the track day... im assuming its going to be 100-150 for the one day dependending on how many sign up...? so im down for the april date as well... sat or sun doesnt matter to me...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much does it cost?
If you go on NESBA : Northeast Sports Bike Association, and go to 'Track Dates' they have the price for each track listed out beside the date.

Keep in mind that Barber, Road Atlanta, and other tracks where the Pro's actually race are going to be more expensive than others. But they are WELL worth it. The track is in PERFECT condition, the facilities are nice and they hace control riders there to help and lend their expertice as well as ambulances standing by just in case.

With that being said, Barber is $200 a day.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks, I would like to go to a trackday sometime, but i'll probably have to wait another year due to my lack of gear.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. IcemanK aka Charles
2. Colelt1
3. AKASAM

·
Registered
20 Posts
i dont know about to cold i wanna go because its my birthday and what better way to celebrate it hahaha plus my wife HAS to let me do and get what i wnat hahaha

·
Registered
7 Posts
nesba at barber went from 195 per day last year to 205 per day in 08...don't forget the 75 registration fee to join nesba as well. they are running a membership drive so part of that 75 will apply towards a track day purchase.

stt has a 35 registration fee and the track day prices are the same as nesba

i only have experience with nesba and they are incredible and well organized (not to say that stt is not)

good luck and maybe i'll see you at barber this spring...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nesba at barber went from 195 per day last year to 205 per day in 08...don't forget the 75 registration fee to join nesba as well. they are running a membership drive so part of that 75 will apply towards a track day purchase.

stt has a 35 registration fee and the track day prices are the same as nesba

i only have experience with nesba and they are incredible and well organized (not to say that stt is not)

good luck and maybe i'll see you at barber this spring...
whats up rob! you decide on if you were coming to the April date for sure yet?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nothing for certain yet...all depends on when my jeep comes in
you need that for pulling the bike? If it doesn't come in I could swing by with the truck and trailer and pick you and/or your bike up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you need that for pulling the bike? If it doesn't come in I could swing by with the truck and trailer and pick you and/or your bike up.
yeah...i just ordered it and it's scheduled for production on 2/11 so it should be here by the end of february. but then i have to throw on a trailer hitch, etc. thanks for the pickup offer but unless you truck has room for a wife and 2 carseats it probably won't get us too far.

i'm still looking for a kendon....rick found one in charlotte for 1100 but the guy won't call me back. new they are way too expensive....check out bikelug.com. they have some reasonably priced ones....they don't look too sturdy in the pics but we've seen them at barber and they're more robust than you might think.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah...i just ordered it and it's scheduled for production on 2/11 so it should be here by the end of february. but then i have to throw on a trailer hitch, etc. thanks for the pickup offer but unless you truck has room for a wife and 2 carseats it probably won't get us too far.

i'm still looking for a kendon....rick found one in charlotte for 1100 but the guy won't call me back. new they are way too expensive....check out bikelug.com. they have some reasonably priced ones....they don't look too sturdy in the pics but we've seen them at barber and they're more robust than you might think.
sweet, sounds like you'll have it in time no problem then. :headbang

1 - 20 of 24 Posts