Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for new gloves and asking for Opinions. I had been looking at the Knox Handroid but the $300 + price is out of my budget. I am looking for something around $150 or bellow. Not looking for summer only gloves.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am looking for something around $150 or bellow. Not looking for summer only gloves.
Look around. I picked up a lightly used pair of Held Titans for $150 on eBay and there's someone on 600RR.net selling a pair of Handroids(size 10 - L) for $100/obo.

At the end of the day you gotta ask yourself, how much are your hands worth to you? For me, they're worth enough to invest in both the Titans and a new pair of Dainese Druids from Cycle Gear(they were on sale for $160 at the time).

The toughest part about buying gloves is finding the perfect fit... by the sizing chart I'm an XL in Dainese, yet trying them on I found that a M fits best. For Held I'm a 9.5 and would probably be better suited in a 9, however, since the kangaroo leather is so soft they don't bunch up as bad as a loose fitting cow or goatskin glove would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Another set of top end gloves on 600RR.net... Held Phantom II(Medium - 8) for $200 shipped... for $50 more than what you're willing to pay you can get what Sportbike Track Gear raves as the best gloves on the market.

I'm sure you can probably negotiate a lil' on that too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
www.power-trip.com $50

I recently bought my second pair of "Power-Trip" gloves. These are nice leather gloves that are true to size. My first pair lasted 2 years of hard riding before I wore a hole through the palm in between the thumb and index finger. I bought an exact same pair for $50.

Power-Trip.com

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
I recently bought my second pair of "Power-Trip" gloves. These are nice leather gloves that are true to size. My first pair lasted 2 years of hard riding before I wore a hole through the palm in between the thumb and index finger. I bought an exact same pair for $50.

Power-Trip.com
Those (not counting the one pair) look to be for the cruiser peeps. And that one pair isn't even gauntlet style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts