Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it was one damn expensive bottle of pepto!

01 f4i. It's not entirely what I wanted, but the price was right. VERY right.
it has 30,000miles on it (looking into what services are due at about that time), and it shifts and runs very nicely.

needs sprockets. like. . .NEEDS.
needs tires.

guy wanted 3 for it. I saw the sprockets and tires and the light rash on the left side, and said 2100.
then it needed a battery.
I said 2.

and he went for it. bought a battery, test rode it, everything checked out, idled down nicely, whole bit.
155 bucks a month for insurance. . .but it came with a full tank.

so I'm broke for a week, but I'm a happy white boy!

told you guys I'd have one by spring!

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
You'll love it! Great deal. Even with a sketchy service record, they're practically bullet-proof.

Now change your profile.

Reactions: scythe08

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I intend to.

chain and sprockets will be in tuesday and on friday. tires will be done after that (no highway till they are new. . .they're cracked.

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
155 bucks a month for insurance. . .but it came with a full tank.
Oh how I dont miss being 21. Well actually I do, but at least I dont have to pay those prices anymore. Cost to insure will exceed the cost of the bike in 13 months. oof.

Pretty sad that I'm only 10 years older than you, and full coverage on my Ducati for a year, is less than 3 months for your older F4i.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
About God damn time, you Canuk! Awesome find and I wish I could kick you in the nuts for getting it for 2k. That bike would sell for $3500 FIRM!!!! here.

I'm really happy for you. I would love to add an F4i(Maroon or yellow) to my Garage and I would take it as a challenge to see if I could get it over 200k

Now be careful and don't hit a Moose with it.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys.

it's uh. . .a large upgrade from my SV in terms of, well, everything. first thought when riding it was "goddamn, this thing is telepathic!" so I am takin er real, real easy for a while. doesn't help that I have 2 years of rust to wear off.
but it all comes back.

as for insurance prices, those will go down next year and the year after, and then when I am 25 again they'll go down.
best part? it's cheaper to insure this one than it is to insure my old SV. insurance company here is retarded and goes by engine size ONLY.
yeah, that's smart guys.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I like it. My favorite color, too.

You mention this bike is telepathic. Is this your first supersport? You would really be afraid of the Triumph. :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you get full coverage on it? Cause my tl1000 is only $280 per year! Lol! I only have liability and a little comprehensive on it though.

^^^^^ nevermind that, I hadn't read through all the comments before replying..

Congrats on the bike!!

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
best part? it's cheaper to insure this one than it is to insure my old SV. insurance company here is retarded and goes by engine size ONLY.
yeah, that's smart guys.
.... State Farm?

Nice lookin' bike mate. Make sure to replace the oil with full synthetic maple syrup. Did it come with a bracket for holding hockey sticks or do you need to install one?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts