Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't shake the the 'want' I feel to get out on a track. I have a few things I need to to do and get before it happens, but still I want to. Not sure if I want to do it competitively or not, that'll be a choice I'll decide after I see what ability I have. I haven't finished paying off my bike, and I really like it so I'm a little scared to take it on a track and start really pushing it.

So basically long story short, what bike(s) should I look at?

There's a 1988 VTR250 for sale locally, his sign on the bike says $1500, but I'd only pay around $800 for it. Would that be a good idea? Throw any ideas on good bikes and I'll be glad to consider. Also, if you have further knowledge on the bike you suggest, it'd be nice to know what mods I'd have to do (besides the obvious ones) that would need done to make it worthy of the track. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
going to the track doesn't = pushing 100% of your limits. just ride w/ the mindset to improve your abilities and not go over them, don't try to break any records, check the ego at the door and go have fun.

i seriously suggest doing a trackschool if 1 is available in your area. it will ease you into track riding as well as provide instruction.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far as getting started - do an open track day with your bike. Insurance will cover as long as it's not closed course competition. Be ready though - this addiction isn't gradual!

For racing, alll sanctioning bodies have different rules but the universals are safety wire and water in the rad.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts