Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FZ6 baby!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have about 19k miles on the chain and sprockets on my 2005 FZ6. Planning on replacing them when I do the 20k service.

Just so that I am clear on some stock specs info: Front Sprocket 16 teeth, rear sprocket 46 teeth and the chain is a 530 oring chain with 118 links, right?

Where's the cheapest place I can get them? Any aftermarket parts that are cheaper than the OEM?

Including shipping, it's about $184 for the OEM stuff from BikeBandit or RonAyers. Any cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes those specifications are correct. I don't think you will find much cheaper than that elsewhere. I like the DID chains the best. Other than that, not much to be said.

Kevin

·
Registered
249 Posts
512-416-1800 call that number, the company is Sum-of-all-parts. You can get a whole set-up 149.99 shiped to your door. you can even do a 520 conversion for the same price and if you want the rear sprocket a different color its like 20 bucks extra

·
FZ6 baby!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all :)

I had looked at Sum Of All Parts' website but they don't have it listed for the FZ6. I'll give them a call tomorrow though.

Anybody know if it is possible to get a Black chain and Black rear sprocket? I'll have to ask 'em when I call.

·
FZ6 baby!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered them from Sumofallparts. Got the Black chain and Black rear sprocket. Should get here early next week :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I got my 520 conversion from sum of all parts, too. Still haven't ridden with it, since i just got the new brakes on this weekend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Fred Zeppelin said:
Yes those specifications are correct. I don't think you will find much cheaper than that elsewhere. I like the DID chains the best. Other than that, not much to be said.

Kevin
I know that the stock chain on my bike is DID btw. Is that different over there like the lack of imobiliser?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts