Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently rear ended by a drunk driver, and I am rebuilding my bike on my own. I have the bike pretty much fixed but the module says error code 12. can any one tell me where the crankshaft position sensor is?

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Its behind the ignition cover on the side of the bike. I dont know what side its on the R6. But there should be a small removeable cover on the side of the engine that is inline with the crankshaft. The sensor will be behind that cover..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i recently opened the cover and the sensor wasn't making any noise, but after adjusting it it started to click. Do yo know if the clicking is what it is suppossed to do? I think it is broken hence the error code. but i dont want to pay 70 bucks for a new one if it isnt. Thanks.

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
i think you could measure the resistance across the coil (sensor). i think its a field effect sensor, so the resistance will change when the rotor is next to the sensor. otherwise, i've never had to test one so im not quite sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
error 12

Did anybody had a chance to fix that. The bike is after accident , and does not start up , error 12 shows up on dashboard. I had tested the crancshaft and it passes the test , so my question is , is there something else i would have to look for , or just grab a new sensor and find out if that solves the problem ................

·
Registered
6 Posts
for error 12 it's related to the sensor, but it could be the connections or wiring and the sensor is cool. Check the wiring around the connectors and if everything looks cool, get a new sensor. You got to start troubleshooting somewhere. Ther service manual tells you all about specific error codes and how to deal with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.