Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is the story. I am really close to signing all the papers and sending transcripts to a school in orlando.. however i know absolutely nothing about the place since i am from Tennessee.

so i was wondering if some folks could tell me what it is like down there..
I been to Florida a couple times but only on vacation so that dont really count for the kind of info i am trying to get here..

Is it a good place to live?
Alot of crime?
Good twisties to ride??
Good stuff to go out and do on the weekends.
Is living cost outrageous???

Pretty much if it is a decent, fun place to live while attending school.

Thanks,

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
Alot of crime? Average
Good twisties to ride?? Hell no, you can find some though.
Good stuff to go out and do on the weekends? Compared to TN, hell yes! :headbang
Is living cost outrageous???YES

·
Banned
70 Posts
YES

YES

YES just north of town

YES

NOT as outrageous as other places i would think.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I lived in Orlando most of my life

Crime depends on the area--some are worse than others
I liked it but it's too crowded now.
Tons of stuff to do on the weekends depending on what you like to do!
Riding is better north or way west
Cost of living is average...no state income taxes here so that's nice..again depends on what area you live in too as far as rent goes etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Info sounds alright.

Jerry: yeah there aint shat to do in TN as far as going out haha

i'm not to worried about the crowded part or crime to much because i used to live in northeaster new jersey so i am used to all that mess (i got guns hahaha)

i am just trying to get a feel for what i am going to move into..

just kinda nervous cause i am leaving all of my hometown friends and my family behind and moving down there by myself..

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's my home town, so I'm Biased. But, I think it's a great place to live with lots of stuff to do. As for twisties, nothing like TN, but there's some decent stuff in lake county. Cost of living isn't bad as long as your away from the tourist zones. So sign,pack,move and welcome to sun-n-fun!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it sounds like i shouldn't have a problem making the move.

I sure will miss my twisties here though. you can't even get to a town without hitting some awesome curves.

there just aint shat to do around here and no schools i like.

thanks for all the info everyone.

·
Registered
533 Posts
strtbikefrk44 said:
I sure will miss my twisties here though. you can't even get to a town without hitting some awesome curves.
You will just have to hook up with the L-Town crew (Lakeland) and we will show you some decent roads to run.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Move to Yee Haw Junction and just ride up and down the Turnpike. The local University is highly respected with a diverse culture. As for "things to do", well, see the comment about the turnpike.

-Me

·
Registered
24 Posts
i just moved here from texas about a year ago....so i know how you feel about the move...but what a great place to live ...and the beach is so close..i bought a bike(not running right now) because of how nice it is here...and cost of living is cheaper than it was in austin...if your lookin for a roomate i have a buddy who is looking for one and is moving here in a month and i am making him buy a bike since all he does is try to ride mine..haha

later

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you guys/gals make me want to pack up my stuff now and move hahaha.

sounds like a good place to be..
i have to wait for my lease to run out on my house at the end of the year(can't leave my friends/roomies hanging) and then i will probably be down there...
there certainly isn't anything for me here.. i am fed up with this place and need a fresh start.

again thanks to everyone for the info.. keep it coming

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am like you bro, I live in Jersey and moving to Fl. DelRay area... comapared to Jersey living, it is definately cheaper! No question, but you make less salary wise. I am moving down next April and cannot wait!! I been saying I was gonna move for yrs already and now making it happen.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah jersey it outrageous.

of course Tennessee is so fawkin cheap it aint funny.. but i dont make enough at my jobs....
figured i would move somewhere warm where i can ride alot and go back to school

1 - 14 of 14 Posts