Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 1999 CBR 600 F4i. It has 18,000 miles on now. He's asking $3500. Is this a good deal? I was gonna look at it today, but he said that he rode it last night for about 30 minutes and said it started running hot. Has anybody ever had this to happen to there cbr? He's gonna take it to a honda shop and see what's going wrong with it. Just wanted to see if the pice was about right if he can get the temp problem fixed, or should I stay away from it. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would offer about $3k the worse he can say is no. I would find out what is going on with the bike running hot first though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, the 99 is a F4, not an F4i...it's carburated rather than fuel injected. The F series tend to run a bit hot, not sure how hot though. I got my 2000 F4 with 3800 miles for $3850, so I'd say he's probably asking a bit too much. I'd offer him 3k like said above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys! That's kinda got me worried with it running hot! I offered him $3000 for it before it started running hot and he said he couldn't take it. Thanks for the replies!

Derek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts