Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I bought a fender eliminator from 1tail.com. It is made by Puig. For some reason the picture shows a silver colored eliminator and yet when i get in in the mail it is black? So i give them a call and ask why, they gave me the run around for the most part. They would like you to email them so they can supposidly respond faster, well i find out that none of them speak any decent english =). Anyways, on there website not only do they say on the page that it is silver but also made out of stainless steel.

PUIG FENDER KIT - HONDA CBR600RR (07)

Now usually i would just take there word for it. But when i called them and they seemed like they didn't have a clue about there products. Secondly when the customer support told me the manufacturer doesn't even produce this anymore, and yet they still are trying to sell them i don't have the up most confidence in there knowledge of the product. If it is made out of stainless steel i am thinking of just getting it stripped and polished so it matches my exhuast. If it is just plain old steel(which i am asuming) i want to keep it black. I want to verify from the manufacturer what it is made out of.

So my question is how do i get ahold of Puig ? there based in Spain. I have contacted them Via there website, i emailed them in english and in spanish(go google translate wuu !) and it's been almost a week now and no reply. I see there Phone number and it is a Spanish phone number and i am asuming that it will be all spanish speaking people. So is there a puig US ? i called sportbiketrackgear.com because there awesome, to see if they have a contact info all they had was a US puig website that didn't load. So anyone have any thing i can work off of ?

Thank you,
Del.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Used a magnet to check. It's too heavy to be aluminum for sure. It wasn't magnetic so it must be stainless.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Isn't stainless magnetic? And why don't you paint the thing or powdercoat it. Just polish it like your pipe like you said or powdercoat it. Its not worth the hassle. Is it lighter than the stock deal?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I 410 Stainless steel is the only stainless that is magnetic. They use it in Fridge's and such so the magnetic seals can stay on the doors.

Paint will not hold up considering its right above the rear wheel. Powder coat is quite a bit tougher.

I have a Laser Extreme Exhuast so it romves the plastic in the back(there silver)

Thanks,
Del

1 - 4 of 4 Posts