Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i am seriously thinking of going to college down in Orlando and i am trying to find out about the place from some people that actually live there and can tell me from there own experiences.

I am just trying to find out some random stuff about the place like..

Is it very expensive to live down there?
Is there alot of crime?
Is there alot of stuff to do on the weekends....

stuff like that.

any kind of input would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,

·
Banned
436 Posts
Which school in Orlando?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MMI of course.. motorcycle mechanics institute.

been talking with them for a while just havne't quite made up my mind if i want to leave everyone and everything i know behind in pursuit of a career.

but it is all sounding alright down there so i think that i am leaning towards starting over.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Daddysmut needs to handle this one...he lives in Otown...I'll see if I can steer him this way...

·
Registered
834 Posts
strtbikefrk44 said:
Alright i am seriously thinking of going to college down in Orlando and i am trying to find out about the place from some people that actually live there and can tell me from there own experiences.

I am just trying to find out some random stuff about the place like..

Is it very expensive to live down there?
Is there alot of crime?
Is there alot of stuff to do on the weekends....

stuff like that.

any kind of input would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,
well, of course it's all relative. i'm not sure about TN but the cost of living always reflects on how much $$ you make. i would say that it's not expensive to live here at all. you can find plenty of cheap apartments all thoughout Orlando. MMI is located in south Orlando off of Orange Blossom Trail and used to have a really bad reputation. in the past 5 years or so they've done some serious renovation to that part of town. you can find cheap apartments there but the crime rate is a little higher then say an apartment over by UCF. my day job is right next to MMI and i live over by UCF, it's about a 45 min commute during rush hour traffic. there is plenty to do in Orlando on the weekends....bars, clubs, billards halls, you can't look somewhere without finding something to do. i will tell you that MMI is a great school but the pay rate for a motorcycle mechanic in FL SUCKS!!!! i'm pretty sure they have job placement and that'll work if you are flexible with relocating.

let me know when you move down....we can hook up and i'll show you around. unless you're a geek then just keep on truckin' j/k :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot daddtsmut. I'll let ya know if i come down there.. i'm gonna need someone to show me the good roads to hit down there.

I am not to particular about where to go after school is done. I am moving from home to go to school so i doubt that it will bother me to move somewhere else after school either.
Just depends on how much i like florida once i get there.
I always thought it would be nice to move down there..
Pretty much because i aint a huge fan of winters here and there are just to many damn redneck idiots for me..

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ds how about the job market? (tv production in particular) just curious. been thinking baout moving out of miami

1 - 7 of 7 Posts