Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I had a guy tell me he has a 97 CBR 900RR for sale for 4,000$. It is mint tottaly stock and has 25,000mi on it. Is that a good price? It seems to be from what I saw on kbb on what there goin for on Ebay. Any thing I should know about that particular year 900RR, any probs or recalls. any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jay

·
Registered
58 Posts
The bike itself is very reliable. The mileage is not an issue from a practical point only for resale. There were never any significant issues on the 900RR. I saw an article in a mag where some guy had over 100K on a 93 900RR and was running strong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 98 with 24k miles and can get $4000 from the dealership if I trade it in so you can expect to pay a little more for the same. And, when I got the offer, it had minor road rask on the right side and a crushed carbon fiber can. Bottom line is that these bikes are bullet proof and are really holding their value. Check out cycletrader.com and see what they are listing for, althugh they might not actually sell for that. Also, there were so many of them made, I've found that they are still pretty easy to find really cheap parts and fix. I got rear ended and got a $2500 insurance check and have so far spent $265 fixing it. All I need now is right turn signal, right lower if I'm picky, and new or repaint upper which should leave me a nice chunk of change - eBay and patience. My 900 is my only vehicle and I don't think that I would take less than $4500-$5000 as is even though I'm getting something new soon.

Randall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts