Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need a list of things to check that would make a couputer freeze up completly when trying to play a game. I was trying to play Counter Strike and i could get to the point where i started moving my charactor and after 15 sec it froze on me. I couldent press control alt delete or anything. I decided to post here because you guys are the absolute best forum on the web and know everything (end brown nosing).
the computer is a compaq presario runing windows xp sp1. I tried to upgrade to sp2 4 times and when i did even with all the compaq updates it still froze just on startup. Thanks any questions just ask :dblthumb

·
Registered
488 Posts
video card driver, corrupt application file (DirectX, OpenGL, etc...), bad video memory, display settings (resolution, refresh rate, etc..), also check for new patches for the game..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
malik ross said:
i see your problem.

its called compaq.
OMG you are totaly right i fuggin HATE compaq. I mean beyond all reason, i hate them, they suck. But its my dads computer and hes too cheap to by a new one so im slowley trying to make it not so crappy. Oh by the way I instaled the new video drivers nd it still does it. It only freezes when you acctually try to play it, when you do the traing it works fine. I am about to throw it out the window and blame it on my little brother. I am out of ideas so just keep throwing them out at me and I will try them one at a time untill its fixed or I go insane and kill myself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
puter help

It sounds to me that you don't have enough memory for the video to run that high of resolution. Try to lower the resolution and refresh rate and see if that helps. Try like 800X600. You never said the processor speed and how much ram you have installed. Ram is pretty cheap these days and you could also buy a pci or agp video card and that would help on the game as well as overall performance. Try newegg.com on all parts for your pc. I have bought parts from them and their prices are very good and the shipping is super fast and cheap.

www.newegg.com

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Check the recommended requirements of the game on the side of the box or the publisher's website, and compare them to the specs of the machine. You may find out that you need a better video card or additional system memory. Some main boards and processors are better than others too for running games that require a vast amount of resources.

If the game is launched in Windows, you may want to close/end all unncessary applications running in the background which would free up more system memory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts