Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK most of you dont know me, lol But My names Robert AKA Bobby or Bobster or Boobie ! Im BJ's Friend. OK heres my delima (like you guys care)

I have a 93 Honda Civic EX. Im debating on selling it I have an offer of 2500.

Im looking at getting a New Bike but also want a car.

What would you guys do ?

Sell the Car get a cheap 1k$ car and use the rest as a DP for a Bike ? Sell the car and just use it all towards a bike ? Sell the car and get a new car ?

Ill post the Car and you guys tell me what youd sell it for or pay for it. and shoot some advice and opinions my way. Any Input would be great. I live On my own and not with mommy and daddy so Money For stuff like this isnt ust easy to come by. So thats why im asking the questions.

93 Honda Civic EX 5speed
1.6L SOHC VTEC
154k miles
Power Everything
Duel Mirrors
Viper 550EFH Alarm
17" Tenzo R's
Tsudo N1 Catback
CTR Suspension components

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Since it's Florida, you've got to have a car...The unpredictablity of daily rain makes cages a must...

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
either sell the car and get a new car or keep the car and you can always get a loan or something towards the bike. but i would not use a bike as my primary vehicle...like
L8 braker said, this IS florida!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well not to be smart or anything, but I think the majority will rule sportbike a must. And then whatever you have to do about a cage. Priorities:
1. Sportbike
2. then whatever

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
sweetf4i said:
Well not to be smart or anything, but I think the majority will rule sportbike a must. And then whatever you have to do about a cage. Priorities:
1. Sportbike
2. then whatever
Does'nt sound like you've been cault up in a nice afternoon FL thunderstorm!

Car should be first, if you have any $$ left over then use it toward a bike. If you already have a bike, use it as a trade in or sell it outrite. Then use all the $$ you get as a down payment, so you wont have to finance as much $$. That gives you more $$ to spend a month on the bike( believe when I say that you will find yourself spending a lot of extra $$ for all those EXTRA toys you just HAVE to HAVE for your bike!) Good luck in whatever you decide! :dunno Just my 2 cents! :) ---Jen

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Take it from me.... A car is a must. I have one but I let everyone use it and I am getting sick of being caught in the rain. I dropped my bike the other night because of the rain. If it weren't for family members in need I would have been in my car. Jen is right too..... You will spend a ton of extra cash on a new bike bing all the toys you want or "HAVE to HAVE". Take the cheap easy way for now and keep the car or another car. Your bike is for fun. You car is for nessicity (spelling?)

·
Registered
894 Posts
All this is great advise, but do what I do. Keep your car and sell your blood to make your bike payment! After all, chicks dig that pastey vampire look!

·
Registered
259 Posts
GSXR SICKS said:
All this is great advise, but do what I do. Keep your car and sell your blood to make your bike payment! After all, chicks dig that pastey vampire look!
BOBBY you are crazy man....

But man don't let the car go; but if you have to sell it you are going to want to get another car or small truck or something....Then you can focus on the bike....

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I think you can get that much out of it, every high schooler wants a civic with rims, plus they have no clue what things are worth :) ... I rode almost a year w/o a car by choice b/c I thought it was cheaper, its alright for awhile b/c it saves you a lot of money as far as car payments, gas, and ins. But damn that rain!!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That's a nice looking car. If it's paid for, why would you sell it to buy another car and bike. It makes sense to me to keep that car that's already paid for and just get a bike outright. If your credits good, you don't need to put anything down. If it's not so good, wait and save up the cash.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok all this makes sence. Yes the car is paid for, I dont have perfect credit. So I might Sell it and get a crappy car and then cas for a bike. I had an offer to trade for a 98 S10 Extended cab which would be nice with a 2wheeler Something to haul it around in. I could do what Bobby Said and sell my body fluids lmao ass tard !

Its an Ok looking car and i only have it out of nessecity (sp) it wasnt my first choice of vehicles but when you gotta have a ride you gotta have one.

I might Put it in autotrader and see what i can get. if i get atleast 4g's i could get another ride and have enough for a DP. Id like to finance as lil as possible. OR

Heres my second option, any of you have well to do sisters ? or wifes you wanna get rid of ? im 23 and aint afraid of an older women Ill take care of them/you if you feed my speed addiction !! lol Suga Mommas OWN !! lol

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ride1Rob said:
That's a nice looking car. If it's paid for, why would you sell it to buy another car and bike. It makes sense to me to keep that car that's already paid for and just get a bike outright. If your credits good, you don't need to put anything down. If it's not so good, wait and save up the cash.

True But then again its a Honduh ! and its a Kids Car. Id rather have a responcible grown up truck or car and have a bike for fun. Im sick of getting pulled over becase I have the allmighty H sitting on my ass and a 3" exhaust every cop lovs to hear.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Spyder said:
Heres my second option, any of you have well to do sisters ? or wifes you wanna get rid of ? im 23 and aint afraid of an older women Ill take care of them/you if you feed my speed addiction !! lol Suga Mommas OWN !! lol

Hahahaha, my bf's been trying to get rid of me for a year now why don't you shoot him a PM :D, hehe...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just bolt one of those ghey ass wings on it, then you can sell it no problem!

I ran it through KBB and got $2,100 in Excellent shape for trade in and $3300 for Private sale. I think $2xxx would be realistic.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts