Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I just want to say that this site is great. I am really big into ATVs and co-run a site TexasATVs.com and now am about to buy a bike for the first time. Fortunately for me I can use the gas price excuse with my wife which works well because we are spending around $450 on gas each month.

Down to brass tacks...

I know a guy that is selling a 1994 GSXR750 with a Suzuki bike cover, tank bra, helmet, Vance&Hines full exhaust system, jetted, powdercoated rims with only 15K miles on it and I am pretty sure I can get it for $2500. This is around book and the bike looks brand new. It doesn't have a "custom paint job" to cover up any mishaps.

So, is this a good deal? What should I look for when I go check the bike out? Any typical flaws in this model? Year?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bike looks good and price sounds about right, Kelly Blue Book says $2555 Trade-In.

I was heavily leaning toward a '04 Gixxer 750 but my local dealer wouldn't deal so I got a ZX-10R, and a deal.

My son is big into Gixxers. They're pretty bullet proof. A '94 will be quite a bit heavier than the new fuel injected models but that one looks like a keeper. You could always resell it and get your money back, if you keep it in the same shape it is now. That's a big if.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts