Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shock on my '98 B6 took a dump (literally, the oil is on the floor). I have been doing some research but have come up with conflicting info - I'd like to upgrade the shock to a Gixxer 750's, it seems the '91-'94 models had the right one.

But I noticed some have a remote reservoir, and some have a big bulky piece built into the shock. Does anyone know which would fit with minimal mods? I hear that the one with the remote reservoir is the easiest, but there is one for which you have to cut off one of the airbox tabs (?) and I don't know which year it is.

Any info would be appreciated, I have to keep riding the bike with a dead shock as I don't have another ride.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
I had a choice with my second generation (2000 and up) Bandit, go Hayabusa shock or second generation Bandit 1200. I did my ebay search and found a practically new 1200 shock. Installed it and it works wonders.
Got the racetech springs for the fork and the bike really turns in and can handle higher speed bumpy turns, before it was mush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts