Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new chain, sprockets are alright but Im going to replace them anyways.
I want to go 1 tooth smaller in the front or 3 larger inthe back, dont know which would be better to do (if it even matters)?

Also, where is a good place to get a good quality kit. I want 0-ring chain and it seems harder to find.... I think im jsut not looking in the right spots though.

Thanks,
-Austin

I have a 99 CBR 600 F4

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am about to order for my 04 cbr600F4i
-1 on front
+1 on rear

this will keep the rear axle placement roughly exactly the same as stock allow the use of a stock length chain.

if you find out anywhere to get some good deals on srpokets and chains, please post as I need to know ASAP

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went -1 on the front. and stayed stock on the back. My bike seems to get extremely hot now. Also I am running 7 to 8 thousand RPMs running down the Highway (80 - 85 mph).

Is this normal or is it b/c I didnt go up a tooth in the rear.

·
Registered
199 Posts
look at sprocketcenter.com. they seemed to have the conversion kits for like $140 or so.

I just broke a tooth on my rear sprocket so I have to find another

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
jtoker13 said:
I went -1 on the front. and stayed stock on the back. My bike seems to get extremely hot now. Also I am running 7 to 8 thousand RPMs running down the Highway (80 - 85 mph).

Is this normal or is it b/c I didnt go up a tooth in the rear.
i believe going up in the rear is going to cause your bike to have even higher rpms if my logic is correct..

·
Registered
199 Posts
that is what I thought too. I think I am going back to stock and just keeping my -1 front sprocket handy. they arenet very hard to change out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts