Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a ladies opinion. My sister is very interested in getting motorcycle but she thinks that she is to short for the sportbikes. She's about 5'0 and weight about 120lbs. Is there any sportbikes out there you would recommend her getting?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
How is she too short for sportbikes? I am 5'0" and 106.5 lbs :lao I ride a Ninja 250, been riding for 2+ years

·
Registered
832 Posts
Id say start with a ninja 250. let us know how things go

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
have her start on a 250 or gs 500 and ride it for a year (so she gets all of the drops out of the way now) and when she is proficient w/balancing it she can get a b***** bike if she wants. i met a chick this w/e at blackhawk farm was like 5 foot even and prolly about 105-110 pounds riding a RAISED SV650 in full race trim. The bike was tall enough she was balancing it on the toes of one foot b/c she couldn't flat foot it at all. i was impressed. to top it off, she started in like 12 or 14 position on the grid and ended the race in 5 place in the rain. the chick was good.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
silent_R1 said:
i met a chick this w/e at blackhawk farm was like 5 foot even and prolly about 105-110 pounds riding a RAISED SV650 in full race trim.
Hey!!! Were you still there on Monday? And next time you plan to be there, let me know, we'll come down to meet you!!!
<sorry for the hi-jack return to scheduled programming>

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
nah, i was there friday/saturday and sunday. sorry. next time i'll let you know I promise. I think there may be one more weekend at the end of the august or something. I will try and keep you updated. I've been racing CCS midwest and great plains region.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ladies for you friendly advice. I have a 500r that I might give her on her birthday. It's a little b***** than the 250 so I might lower it.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I'd say 250--the Kawi's are top heavy and I wanted a 500 and I am at 5'4"...it had too long of a reach to the handlebars for me and if she is quite petite like you say she is...she will have trouble.

One of my friends is 5'1" 102 pounds and she is very comfortable on her 250--she did have to shave her seat down to reach the ground more and she still doesn't flat foot--so before lowering a bike for a noob--try shaving the seat down first--it helped her tremendously :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts