Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got this 90 Suzuki GSX600 just got it a day or two ago. When I got it it started up fine. A day later the battery died. Now when I try to start it sputters for a while then when it turns on even at full throttle I can't get it above 1000 rpm. No clue what's wrong with it need help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Carb. Needs to be taken apart and cleaned making sure to do the jets really good! The etha that’s in the gas will destroy a carb. If u let it set for a month are longer ! It’s best to get in the habit of turning gas off & run the motor till it dies making sure all the fuel in the carb. Is out & that’s the best way to keep from this happening in the future! I work on small engines for pple on my spare time and every since they started adding that ethanol in the fuel i don’t even try to trouble shoot the motor, I take carb. Off & cleanit first & if that doesn’t work then I check other stuff but 98% of the time it fires rite up & that why I pay however much & run the ethanol free fuel ! But hope that helps a little!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts