Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally decided to put digital F4i gauges into my F3. Very popular mod on the different CBR forums...

My only problem is the gauges I bought have about 18,000 miles on them and my bike has just under 24,000 on it. Is there any way to reprogram the odometer with out having to send it in? My money is very tight right now with my motorcycle budget so anywhere I can save money I'd love to.

Other wise I guess I'll just keep riding and reprogram it this winter when I'm not riding, how many miles can I put on it in the few more weeks I'll be riding? Not more than a few hundred.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
Not that I know of...the DOT generally frowns on altering odometers...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can send it in and have it changed after signing a ton of waivers and spend like 100 bucks plus shipping. It was suggested I just use masking tape to write down the difference on it and stick it to my new dash...

I guess I'll just do that for now

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Short of electronically reprogramming it, the only was I can think of would be to rig up something to tr***** the speed sensor and let it "run". It's usually some type of magnetic switch, mine is driven off a nut on the front axle shaft. Could put the nut on a drill and let it go for a while. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts