Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So over the summer I the F4i gauge swap to my F3 and almost everything worked great. The only thing that didn't work so great was the 900RR temp sensor swap.

As I was putting in the new sensor it got stuck in the head and sheered in half. So I used Easy outs to take it out of the head but messed up that hole a bit. A piece of it broke that sits on top of the head. I want to fix it with a Helicoil, but I'm not positive that will work since 100% of the area that used to be is no longer there. I still have at least 85% to work with.

I'm a broke college student so I really can't afford to buy a new head for the bike so I need some suggestions! I'm also going to replace my water pump seals since before I realized all the threads were messed up I used JB Weld to try to fix that one little part and when I fired it up and let it run for a little bit coolant started leaking out the bottom of the water pump. I guess some shavings must have fallen into the engine block and destroyed those seals.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
JB weld works great if the surface it goes in is properly prepped.

·
Registered
45 Posts
same thing happend to me but i got lucky and the temp sensor unit has about two or three thread down toward the bottom of it holding it good and tight but, im still gonna jb weld or alum. epoxy the top part to make sure its good and tight and doesnt leak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts