Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I just got an 07 SV1000S a few days ago and while its a kick ass bike it does have a little problem that has been bothering me. This bike is not stock it does have a yoshi exhaust Yoshimura R&D - TRS Carbon Bolt-On - Dual , a power commander usb and a K&N filter. The problem is that sometimes when I blip the throttle the engine will either cough or completly die. Sometimes it makes a little pop sound and then the fuel injection warning light comes on. The guy who sold it to me said that it has the right map in there but I'm starting to think that it doesen't. I have ridden other v-twin bikes(not fuel injected) and they offten cough on throttle blips too so I'm beginning to wonder if this is just a v-twin thing. This is my first fuel injected bike so I'm would apreciate some input from you guys. Thanks.

· old member
12,314 Posts
My '05 behaves perfectly, but it's stock except for Holeshot bolt-ons. It sounds like your map is wrong or that the idle is simply set too low. The idle should be around 1200 rpm once fully warmed up. I've never been a fan or K&N air filters since they seem to create more problems then they solve.

If you can't fix the problem otherwise, I'd suggest trying a stock air filter and disabling the PC to see how it behaves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.