Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help removing plastics on my honda f3. I've never done it before and i dont want to break anything. Anyone know the equip that i should use? Ive taken the rear quarters out but thats it. mainly i need help taking the sides and front.

Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
see, i removed all of the plastics, but the thing im having concerns with is if I remove the front plastics... how will the headlight remain on there...

basically, i want to make a streetfighter for right now until I get some sharkskinz. Also, can hooking up a PIAA be done? I just want to sell my CBR F3 plastics to get skarkskins.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Your headlight is mounted to the front subframe.. Taking the plastics off wont affect the headlight.. It will still be mounted to the bike.
Generally you need some allen wrenches and a Phillips screwdriver.. that is all. And get a bunch of ziploc baggies and a permanent marker.. As you take the screws out, put them in a baggie and label them. If you mix up which screws go where (A lot of them are different lengths, or thread sizes), it will take forever to get them back together.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My F2 the headlight is mounted in the upper fairing piece.

I could be wrong but if the F3 is like the F2 then the headlight is NOT mounted in the frame. It is mounted in the upper bodywork. Buy an organizer box at home depot, I got one for like 10 bucks that will hold all your loose nuts and bolts and label it if you think you will mix them up.

Punkwood2k said:
Your headlight is mounted to the front subframe.. Taking the plastics off wont affect the headlight.. It will still be mounted to the bike.
Generally you need some allen wrenches and a Phillips screwdriver.. that is all. And get a bunch of ziploc baggies and a permanent marker.. As you take the screws out, put them in a baggie and label them. If you mix up which screws go where (A lot of them are different lengths, or thread sizes), it will take forever to get them back together.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
joberly said:
My F2 the headlight is mounted in the upper fairing piece.

I.

No BS??? Huh, my F2 had a subframe the headlight was mounted in. The guy I bought it from did a few mods to it, but I didnt think that was one of them.. weird.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah just a few weeks ago I was prepping it for the track and wanted to take the headlight out, so I took off all the fairings (for maintenance, cleaning) and the upper came out with the headlight and all intact.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Start un-bolting shit.... when you unscrew something that you didn't want to take off.... SCREW IT BACK ON.

Righty - Tighty : Lefty - Loosey

[you gotta twist the thing the "other" direction]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts