Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have gloves ,helment , leather jacket and i ware boots and jeans but it has been geting to damn hot to ware my leather and i was going to get leather pant's but it's too hot i have wrecked before so i allways ware my gear beause i know for a fact that i would be praticaly nonthing left of me if i didn't have it on so i am looking into getting a textile jacket for the high heat days i just want somthing that will breath good at low speeds so when i'm in town or traffic i will not bake to death. but i'm worried if i get in a wreck at a dencet speed with something other then leather then i'm done any help will be aperatied i'm also probaly going to get a spine protetor , i have learned that it's one thing to wreck you on the dirt it dosn't hurt bad but the road it sucks. and you never know when your out what might happen.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Firstgear mesh - just works.

Went down wearing the pants, they got torn up but I was fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how fast were you going when that happen i wrecked at about 90 legs didn't come out very bad my knee did but my right side got rashed up pretty good i landed right on the seems of the leather jacket so it ripped open and burnt me the rest of my jacket is rashed to hell but saved me my jacket is reapiairble but it's allways way too hot like i said when it's 85* plus out

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a Fieldsheer Mach 4 for the hot weather and works great for the daily commuting. As previously posted though nothing will protect like leather.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I think the alpinestars t-stunt airflo is the best textile jacket out there. well ventilated and armored as well as my leather jacket. hold this jacket in one hand and a rocket phoenix jacket in the other hand and you will find there is no comparison. have talked to ppl who have had get-offs with this jacket and are still using them. if I needed another jacket I would get one of these but my leather jacket with ram air vents does just fine in the heat, so I'd rather use the money for something else like better gloves.

I use long sleeve athletic shirts like under armor or adidas climalite which work extremely well in keeping me cool and relatively dry, I wouldnt wear a leather jacket with cotton shirts that's for sure I would be completely soaked by the time I got to where I was going. try using your leather jacket with some of the new fabrics designed to wick sweat from the skin and evaporate quickly, you may find that you can just stick with what you have.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all right thanks for all your help have any of you heard any thing about the icons trimax mesh jacket i seen a use one for a dencent price

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't get the Timax, it won't protect you much at all. It's a show/no go type of jacket, with only very soft padding and some very small "titanium" plates that won't do much of any good in a crash. I'd recommend going for a good reputable mesh jacket from Fieldsheer, Joe Rocket, Alpinestars, Tecnic or any good brand like that. Icon has not impressed me with their stuff so far, I turned around and sold my Timax jacket because it was so unprotective.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I ordered the Fieldsheer Mach 4, but sent it back since it felt like I was wearing a football jersery and padding. Wasn't very comfortable either since I felt all the padding. Like someone else said on a different thread 'just wear the leather and quit complaining about the sweat'. I'll stick with my leather jacket... ain't that bad as long as I'm going 30+ with zipper slightly more than half up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Oh yeah... have you looked at the Firstgear Mach 2 jacket?
http://www.firstgear-usa.com/prod_ltj_mach2.htm

I haven't tried it personally, but it looks decent. Only drawback I could see is it's a bit pricey for a mostly textile jacket.

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
Firstgear mesh - just works.

Went down wearing the pants, they got torn up but I was fine.
I will second the Firstgeat Mesh-Tex 2. It is about 105 down here in Texas and I have not passed out yet.

105 = :devil

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i tell you what with leather jacket when its hot out i litteraly get to ware i feel like i'm going to pass out the thing sticks to me like it's glued to me i have to peel it off, after i done riding i don't want to do any thing i was acuttaly misberal ridding i just want a mesh jacket for the real hot days or when i'm just going to the store or in town. i work 6 days a week so i don't have time to ride so when i get a chance i want to even when it's 95-100 degrees out thanls for all of the help from every one.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Let me add that I love my Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket. It's a regular textie jacket that the outer layer zips off and becomes a mesh jacket for the hot days. Still has full textile on the outer arms and shoulders and has good padding, but is plenty cool for the super hot days(trust me, FL gets hot and humid). The build quality is excellent too, as I know some people say Joe Rocket isn't the best made stuff(which I don't agree with). Either way, it's a great jacket and it's good for all types of weather, even has a waterproof inner lining that will keep you dry in a rain storm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just bought joe rocket reactor jacket...leather on the shoulders and top of the arms along with armor...I was very surprised and pleased at how comfortable it really is

1 - 14 of 14 Posts