Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a speeding ticket on friday the 13th :rolleyes Im in the middle of a pretty large city, and following a friend on a bike without motorcycle endorsement, or even license plates, and another friend in a white mustang. Right when i try to get in front of them to let them know to pull over so i can let them know that we are needing to get home because of the rain, the cop pulls me over. He says he was waiting for them to speed up in their vehicles, but I did first. I told him my story, and that I was lost and trying to keep up with my friends (which was actually true).

After a few minutes, the officer comes back with a speeding ticket. He never did tell me my actual speed, but says he will just write me a 45 in the 30 zone. I honestly dont know if i was doing over 45 or under, not really sure. But I can't get this deferred because they said i had a ticket in the past 2 years. I did have a ticket over a yera and a half ago, and got it deferred. I thougth you can have a ticket and get another one deffered after 6 months, but i dont know. Anyway, i have a court date set up because i really have nothing to lose. If i lose the case, i just pay the ticket and thats that. Should I mess with the court date? The only reason is is he never did tell me my actual speed

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here we go again. :) If he wrote you for 45, chances are you were going faster. I know there are those that will disagree with me but I think it is rare that a cop is so hard up for a ticket that he will overwrite you. You will probably get fifty different guys on here tell you how to beat this ticket now along with a couple of us that say you will have a hard time beating it in court. If you really have nothing to lose by going to court, like say a day's lost wages from work, then you may as well try it. I think you will need a better defense than to say that the cop didn't tell you your actual speed though. If that is the law, don't be surprised if the officer says he did tell you. If this is the case it will just come down to who the Judge believes has the most to gain by having a "fuzzy" memory about the event. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts