Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my 05 gsxr 600 yesterday and last night I went to go for another right well I turned my key and didn't see my head lights so I just put it up thinking WTF you know so today I tear the bike apart thinking my bulb was burnt out well no it's good so I checked the fuses well they were good I hooked a test light up to the fuse box where the fuses go.. it didn't come on so I tried every one of them and the light came on with every one of them but the head light ones.. I really need help I appreciate any information guys

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Had the same problem with my 04. The start button gets stuck.

Try starting the bike then clutching it. If you hear the starter spooling you need to fix the start button. The contact on the copper plate gets "spaced" and started to short out. Over periods of time that melts the plastic housing and locked the start button in the "on" position.

I had to take mine apart and carve the melted plastic away with a knife. Or you could just order a new housing.

Hopefully that fixes things bud. Best of luck.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that it's my headlight/fog light my bike will start and everything. Everything on my bike works EXCEPT my headlight/fog light and the fuse box isn't getting connection at all idk what it is maybe my switch for my head lights?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
When you start the bike there is a relay that kills the head lights to reduce the load on the batter/charging system.

If the start button is constantly depressed the headlight will will not cut on.

If you engage the clutch the started will start to spool. Like it would when you try to start the bike.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys I appreciate the help so it's something to do with the starter button? now when I turn my key the light came on this work after i put everything back together.. weird well I started the bike and the light went off didn't come back on so I killed it then started it again and the light was back hm it makes since if the starter button isn't fully disengaging and isn't letting it come on I rode the bike to work I left for lunch the light was off killed the bike turned it back on light was back lol if it's the starter switch then I can just order a new one hopefully thats all it is and not something to do with my wiring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts