Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright i have an 01 gixxer 600 when i orginaly bought it, it had a d&d carbonfiber bolt on with stock header and mid pipe well it was loud but not insane loud well i have seense dropped 2 teeth on the front sproket and put a 1k header and mid pipe so it's louder and i crusing it's higher rpm so it's louder now i have about 7k more miles on it i have been wearing ear plugs so i havent notice how loud it has gotten untill saturday i lost my earplugs when i eating any how i was busting out some wheelies and i was like goddamn this thing is insane loud i mean i fell bad for the places i go by beacuse it is so loud, i mean it made me want to throw up hearing that thing at 13-14 grand that ware it's usally at when i keep a wheelie up for a while it's obnoxis, and when i'mcrusing at 7 grand it's too loud hell the damn thing is obnoixis i hate it, so i also think that all the packing has burnt out, so i know most of will say get rid of it but i was thinking of drilling the rivits out and repacking it. also i was thinking about welding a baffle in it but i f***** that would hurt power very badly, would it be better to throw a 1k can on there or would that hurt power bad the only reason i haven't just got rid of the pipe is beacuse it's carbonfiber and it's the only nice looking thing left on my bike and i'm too poor to buy a new pipe sorry about the long post but i apparate any help

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Can it be repacked? If so, try to find the quietest packing material out there and use that. Since you seem unwilling to part with the power, it seems like your only option.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know if it can be repacked i was going to drill the rivits out then pack it then re rivit it, i don't care if i loose a horse or so i just don't want loose 3or 4 horse from doing something to it. all of my friends think i'm nutts they say it sounds bad ass i'm like your not around me the whole time i'm riding it, and i don't want to bother people when i go by there places i just figure now it's a matter of time before some calls and complains about me. probaly the only reason is beacuse i don't ride to early in the morring or too late at night.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i had a carbon fiber two brothers can on my full system and it was so loud it attracted the cops to our spot. From like 8 blocks away the officer said. Repack it and if not get a new can. They really arent that expensive bro.

·
Registered
177 Posts
on a d&d you have to drill the rivets out and slide out all the internals. undo the packing and wrap it loosley. loos wrap=quiet and tight wrap=loud. you can also add stainless steel wool and the wrap the fiberglass packing around that, but i'd just try loosening it first. it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info the reason i havn't bought a new pipe is right now i have very little money to spend on my bike so if i can repak it i'm going to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Melon, I've got a loud D & D as well, let me know if he repack works and how difficult it is.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
DIVER65 said:
Melon, I've got a loud D & D as well, let me know if he repack works and how difficult it is.

+1 My D&D is totally annoying, i just got the -1/+2 sprocket set, so I know its only going to be louder on the highway now. I want a new can, or even two, and run custom pipes, haha, im not rich, I'll can only hope for now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i got an idea for any one with a D&D, throw it away! i kno a guy with a CF d$d on a 636 and i can hear him comin from miles away when hes rippin they are annoyin and dont even sound good. in my opinion 2 bros is the best soundin pipe out there

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well when ever i get a chance i'm going to drill all of the rivits out and try a repack i'll let all know what happens it maybe a few weeks i posted up in a few other borads also to see if any knows any tricks to help making a quite

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wrap it tight and as much packing as possible , if you want it quit . Best bet is scrap the D&D crap and get a better can , its only a slip on there not very expensive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
a tight wrap makes it louder, not quieter. if you wrap it loosely, it allows more noise muffling, tight makes the exhaust charge slip right by with very little silencing. that's the main reason for d&d's noise level, they wrap them tight. why is d&d crap? b/c they're louder? true, it's not an akro, but it's a whole lot cheaper too and the performance gains are only maybe a couple ponies going with something that costs at least twice as much. you can make the d&d sound however you like with a little packing knowlege and experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts