Sport Bikes banner

Need help just started riding

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ITRobert 
#1 ·
My shifter shaft is lose how to replace

#2 ·
So called friend wrecked it and I'm left to fix I've looked every were to find something showing how to fix ice been told shifter forks every thing I'm not sure but I think shifter shaft is bad it moves in and out I replaced the clamps on it but didn't work will only go into 1 and neutral please help

#4 ·
Not knowing what bike you have or your mechanical knowledge/comfort zone, it's harder to offer any good advice. Looking at a parts diagram for your bike will show you the transmission parts and give you some idea how they go together and are held in place. It may be something simple like a retaining clip, or it may be something more expensive. From the sound of it, you may have to split the cases to get to the internal parts, which is always labor intensive and will cost more if a shop is doing the work.

#5 ·
First off, not all bike are alike. This being said, you can't really expect people to guess what your bike is. I'd start by introducing the bike, with year and model, describe ACCURATELY how it acts and only after that, expecting constructive help. Stay safe! When I say accurately, I mean EVERYTHING; if it starts... Does it make any unusual sounds, describe the sound. Describe the feeling of the clutch. Is it locked in a certain gear? In which gear? Explain exactly what happened. Was the bike down? Did it happen at speed or while standing... After we clarify all tehse details, all you can do is cross your fingers and hope that someone with a similar bike got the very same OR knowes your bike in and out, as I do Italian bikes. So if it's Italian, I might be able to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.