Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up gixxer fam i have a 98 GSXR 600 and I have two pilot air solenoids below the carbs. its got wiring harness going to both and on each solenoid theres two nipples for hoses to run previous owner screwed up the routing of the hoses anybody got a PIC or DIAGRAM that would be awesome!!!! !cid__0921081328.jpg

!cid__0921081330.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have the Suzuki manual and it doesnt make a mention at all about the solenoids or howthe hose routing is. I have searched this site and the internet and i am totally out of luck. my bike is at a shop and the owner is completely clueless so its up to me to find and i am ready to snap.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Alright, bro. See if I can help you. I'm looking at the service manual for a '96 750 right now. It should be the same thing. You have a PM.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
The 750 service manual only shows ONE solenoid. Clearly, your 600 has two... Let me keep checking. In the mean time, check your manual under Fueling and Lubrication System - Solenoid Valve Inspection and also Piston Valve Lift Control System.

There is a good diagram showing the routing for this solenoid in these sections for the 750: 4-22 and 4-26. Maybe it shows the routing in your manual for the 600. Also, under Servicing Information - Fuel System Hose Routing. It's section 8-17 in the 750 manual.

I'll keep looking for a 600 manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went and bought a haynes manual for a 98 600 $50 bucks and they dont have clear enough detail. man i am frustrated search after search i even went to ebay just to see any they might have for sale hosed up and close but nothing i got a 750 manual and saw what you saw but they are not like the 98 gixxer 600

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I think we figured it out. You were correct and I learned something new. Those areas are not the same on the carb'd 600 and 750s. :lol

Check your PMs. I found the update for the '98 model in the manual for the Solenoid Valve Installation, complete with a clear diagram.
Section 10-4-3. Apparently, the '97 600 didn't have them, and they're different than the '96-'97 750.

Also, sent you a link for the parts fiche from Ron Ayers.

Let me know how it turns out.

Where's my bourbon... :alky :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts