Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 900 rr and can't get it up! 1st is no problem but any other is not going to happen. I need help.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Are you just trying to just throtle it up in 2nd or are you using the clutch like you're supposed to do. If you're trying to use the clutch, it does take a fair amount of practice to get the timing and feel of the clutch down right. Fill us in on what you have already tried and the results you got.

Also check out the sticky at the top of the main Stunters Corner page. That thread might help you out too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My front comes up in second if I'm really puching it in first and rev a bit between shifts.
*I'm not intending to wheelie, just move fast*

·
Registered
72 Posts
it's cause your suspension is being compressed after pulling in the clutch. then giving high throttle sends it up.

·
Registered
670 Posts
wow did the thread title sound "inapropriate" guess im thinkin of it the wrong time. sorry i cant be of any help other than wasting a good post. good luck, practice, and post pics!

·
Registered
181 Posts
rs50asu said:
wow did the thread title sound "inapropriate" guess im thinkin of it the wrong time. sorry i cant be of any help other than wasting a good post. good luck, practice, and post pics!
:bitchslap shhhh! :joke yea, the title could be taken a few ways.

Sorry I can't help either. I wish you luck too though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
GixxerGirlRD said:
:bitchslap shhhh! :joke yea, the title could be taken a few ways.

Sorry I can't help either. I wish you luck too though.
Why you offering to help him "get it up" :lao

Anyways.. if you cant roll on it in second and get it up then your bike needs one serious tune up. You should be able to accelerate in 2nd and chop (close) the throttle and then crack it open and it should rise up for the occasion. If not then you need too tune that baby up.

:banana

·
Registered
181 Posts
wangsta said:
Why you offering to help him "get it up" :lao
:rolleyes

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
tip2001 said:
My front comes up in second if I'm really puching it in first and rev a bit between shifts.
*I'm not intending to wheelie, just move fast*

That happens to me as well. Did it today in fact. Trying to shoot by with the 600RR's that two of my friends just got.

I just started attempting wheelies yesterday and can't do crap in that department but it comes up I don't want it to... figures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts