Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turbine Mechanic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girl has a brandnew bike that she doesnt ride. Problem is that she cant stand haging out in the heat with a bunch of kids talking about bike crap, and I cant blame her. But around here in Fort Lauderdale , thats all ya see. She needs inspiration from other girls on how to have fun with the bike, and places to go besides downtown Fort Lauderdale. The last time she rode was to Hooters on pembroke six weeks ago, and was ready to go home b-4 she even got there. should I trade her in or what??

This is what I asked early today in the general topics. Only one good response from one girl. Why is it when ya ask a girls opinion, the guyz allways have to sound out?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I wish I could help you out with this one, but I'm kinna in the same position. Here in BG there are no women to ride with and I'm stuck riding with a bunch of guys. Only difference is, I like the guys I ride with and I LOVE to talk shop. One of the reasons I have no female friends is because I like to talk about bikes. Some of the guys I ride with have brought their Chickie's along for a ride or 2 and they (the girls) have a tendency not to show the following Sunday. I honestly try to talk to um, but I don't want to hear about their bad hair days, they're killer cramps and whine about having a bf that loves their bike more then they love them.. blah blah blah.

I suggest that maybe you should take at least a few days a week and go riding with her. Away from "bike nights" and the "cruising". Show her around other parts of Florida ( Unfortunately I've been there, and there wasn't much when it came to riding, unless you cruised) I have a feeling that the more she rides, the more she'll come to love the sport and will want to talk about bikes with the boys and maybe even the girls.

·
Turbine Mechanic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KK Actually its funny when we do go out, the guys dont know how to talk to a girl on a bike, and sometimes get on the defense if she encourages the (Bitches on the back) as she calls them, to get a bike of there own. they got all kinds of excuses how and why girls cant ride. I think its the male ego kikin in. I can usually shut um up when I make the statement that if its a strength issue then if Im twice as strong as them then they must be twice as bad at riding than me!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well you can always use riding as a quiet date between you and your girl. Go riding on lonely twisty roads, then stop at a state park, get off the bikes, hold hands and talk... ride again for another hour, stop at a tourist attraction, or stop for ice cream... make a fun day out of it. There are other female riders in Florida, so maybe once a month or once every two weeks your girl can meet up with these girls and they can do a girl ride. I think Brownilus will be up for it... I believe she's down in that area, unless I'm mistaken! Rsixxygirl, too, though come to think of it I haven't seen her on the boards for a while... hmmmmmmm....

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
rykstr said:
Why is it when ya ask a girls opinion, the guyz allways have to sound out?

Because they are retards!!! :eek:nfloor Honestly, I think it's so they feel better about themselves...
I hope you can get your girl going.

Jaimie~
Don't forget about Courtney, Victoria and I know there is someone else down there.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Look on a map and find a nice destination. Then ride there. Stop along the way and take pics. Then post up your ride here for all of us to read. Get out there and enjoy the bike...who needs men to hang with? :smilierr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts