Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely burned out on the straight 60mph typical Florida roads. Where are all the good roads? I live on the Treasure Coast so I was wondering if anyone knows of some good roads around here that are within an hour or so. Just something out of the norm that would could even make a good weekend road trip. I've been scoping out some semi-twistie roads in Indiantown and Okeechobee but I think some of those roads may be all dirt. I appreciate anyone with info! Please PM me if you don't want to post!

·
Plunder, THEN burn!
314 Posts
Here's a start. I just googled Florida Motorcycle Roads. See if you know any of these....

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/fl.html#south

Another good source is a bookstore like Daltons or Books-a-Million that have printed detail maps of every county in the state. I have one at my desk, and it shows dirt roads, creeks, even things like pipelines and power transmission lines.

They are about $20. I just pull it out and jot down a few interesting areas on a sheet of paper, and try them out.

Unless someone is there to show you, it can be hard to tell you.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats awesome, thanks for the link and the input. I have been mapquesting in hopes of finding that perfect road but to no avail. I think some of the roads I have seen are dirt and may be worth a trip to find out. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction w/o a 6 hour trip to get there.

·
Registered
576 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
Thats awesome, thanks for the link and the input. I have been mapquesting in hopes of finding that perfect road but to no avail. I think some of the roads I have seen are dirt and may be worth a trip to find out. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction w/o a 6 hour trip to get there.
Time for a dirt bike then :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
I am completely burned out on the straight 60mph typical Florida roads. Where are all the good roads? I live on the Treasure Coast so I was wondering if anyone knows of some good roads around here that are within an hour or so. Just something out of the norm that would could even make a good weekend road trip. I've been scoping out some semi-twistie roads in Indiantown and Okeechobee but I think some of those roads may be all dirt. I appreciate anyone with info! Please PM me if you don't want to post!

www.jenningsgp.com :twofinger

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jennings is atleast 6 hours from me. I can tell ya around here Macarthur Blvd is pretty sweet, short but decent. St Lucie Blvd by the intercoastal is a nice ride and if you take the back roads thru Port Salerno, it'll double your fun. There is another sweet spot about 15 min from the house that is perfect for top end speed or 1/4 mile runs. Even good for figure 8 track. Can't disclose that one, don't want to attract any attention. Does anyone have any favorite slabs of concrete arranged in a way for motorcyclists to enjoy?

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
Jennings is atleast 6 hours from me. I can tell ya around here Macarthur Blvd is pretty sweet, short but decent. St Lucie Blvd by the intercoastal is a nice ride and if you take the back roads thru Port Salerno, it'll double your fun. There is another sweet spot about 15 min from the house that is perfect for top end speed or 1/4 mile runs. Even good for figure 8 track. Can't disclose that one, don't want to attract any attention. Does anyone have any favorite slabs of concrete arranged in a way for motorcyclists to enjoy?
Sounds like you know some pretty good roads there. Why don't you ask what you really want to know?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Governor said:
Sounds like you know some pretty good roads there. Why don't you ask what you really want to know?
I'd really like to know where some nice deserted curvey roads are that are within close proximity of me. If I wanted to know the way to the track, I'd mapquest Jennings or hit Moroso but I don't have full leathers so that is temporarily out of the question. I love being on two wheels so I am not complaining about getting on my bike daily even to cruise straights all day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In da Zone said:
Here's a start. I just googled Florida Motorcycle Roads. See if you know any of these....

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/fl.html#south

Another good source is a bookstore like Daltons or Books-a-Million that have printed detail maps of every county in the state. I have one at my desk, and it shows dirt roads, creeks, even things like pipelines and power transmission lines.

They are about $20. I just pull it out and jot down a few interesting areas on a sheet of paper, and try them out.

Unless someone is there to show you, it can be hard to tell you.
I just did the Palm Beach to Ft Lauderdale via A1A this afternoon. I am on vacation from work so I went out for some riding today. It was a relaxing, 35-40 mph cruise down the beach basically. Very nice homes and great views of the water. I have ridden lots of areas of A1A, just never stayed on it that long. If you just feel like putting around, it is decent.

I would still rather go out west of town and open it up a bit. It got hot and it was tough to stay at 35 mph, but the local officers make sure you do! Anyone else in Palm Beach have a favorite route?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts