Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing an assignment for school. It's a synthesis paper. Basically I'm going to do it on the topic of why starting small is better. I see a ton of info here and I have, from experience, my own opinions on why it's important. I need help finding a source from a newspaper that supports my argument. I have an online source, and a scholarly journal source, all I need now is a newspaper source. I was trying to find an article about a wreck on the tail of the dragon due to speed or some kind of article about a wreck caused by inexperience. This is the closest I've found but I'm not sure if I can say with validity starting smaller would have kept him from doing a wheelie and eating shit when he landed.

Man killed in motorcycle accident - San Antonio Express-News

Does anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S. sorry if this is the wrong section, I figured this was on topic enough to be posted here.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will work perfectly for the internet/magazine article. Thanks! I know newspaper is a thing of the past which is why this is a bitch.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
public newspaper articles could be difficult, however, any track or racing organization has a newsletter. And somewhere in them they'll go on about how good it is to start smaller.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
public newspaper articles could be difficult, however, any track or racing organization has a newsletter. And somewhere in them they'll go on about how good it is to start smaller.
any examples? What do I google to find those?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
WERA is a large motorcycle racing body off the top of my head.

literally, google "motorcycle racing newsletter", and "Amateur motorcycle racing"

any track school should have a group or club with a monthly newsletter as well.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
There was a rider here who started on a 250 and wanted to bump up to a 600. He rode my ZX7R and was bitten by the speed bug. I was told he passed away from wrecking a ZX6 but could never confirm it. I tried hitting him up here, calling his number and nothing. Ill see if I can assist on this. Actually I have JUST the source. It is about a NEW rider who JUST bought a motorcycle from the dealership. The dealership knew he had no license (didnt need one to buy) but he wrecked and died leaving the dealership parking lot. I will look for the article.

Found em! They are all related to the same rider/accident.

Motorcyclist struck, killed leaving dealership | News - Home

Motorcycle training urged following fatal accident | News - Home

Motorcycle victim’s family speaks after fatal first ride | News - Home

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is perfect!!! Do you have any idea of the model bike besides Ninja?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect! You have no idea how much you helped

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Beowulf is good shit.

he needs to hang around more. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts