Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the situation. I have one or two really good female friends that frequently ride two-up with me. I wear my helmet 95% of the time. I feel really bad when one of them rides with me while I am wearing all of my gear. I have an extra jacket that they can wear but not an extra helmet (or at least one that fits...both of my helmets are XL).

I want to buy a helmet for anyone that rides two-up with me but am not sure what size to buy. I was thinking of buying a Medium but thought that I would get your recommendations first.

What size helmets do you ladies wear and what size would you suggest I get?

Thank You!!!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I suggest a medium, most ladies fit fine into a medium sized helmet.

Also, what's this 95% stuff? I understand wanting to be a gentleman and let them wear your helmet, but not wearing one yourself is not a good idea, not even 5% of the time. If you only have one helmet politely decline, and say once I get a spare helmet you can ride with me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Every helmet I've ever owned/wore has been a small; HJC, Suomy, and Arai. And most girls I know that ride/passenger wear a small, but some girls like a medium so they can fit their hair inside it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hey Brian if you want I'll sell you my Black/Silver HJC helmet that I was wearing. $60.00 and its yours, just some little scrathes form sitting it on the ground, and being put in the box other then that its clean let me know if you wanna see it i'll bring it to Starbucks with me next time I'm out. Cherie

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Measure up whichever one you like best and buy her size :confused: No offense but this is a really stupid question. They each need a helmet that fits them if you want the damn thing to do any good in a crash. You might get lucky with them wearing the same size but don't count on it. Don't take them for a ride if having a proper fitting helmet is a problem :)

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Women in medium?? mmmm...most women wear small if not x-small. I myself wear a small in my Arai Quantum f and in my HJC Zeek.

Have to agree with nig though...each helmet fits everyone differently and to do the job...it has to fit "that" particular person correctly :)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My lid is a medium.... I must have a big head. Prob with mine now is that it's starting to slip. kinna getting annoying.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts