Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a chance to buy a Kawasaki 1986 1000r Ninja for 700, but the carb needs rebuilt, how much would that cost? or how much would it cost just to buy a new carb? Easy install? Need help! Thanks!

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
They probably only need to be cleaned well, removed the floats and needle and seats. Remove and clean the all the passeges and the main and pilot jet. Its not a real hard job to do. But unless you have a manual and are somewhat familiar with it, I dont think I would recommend it. You could take them off and take them to a shop and let them do it. I would guess 1 1/2 to 2 hours labor at the very most...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
buy that bike and just clean up the carburetor. carbs are such simple devices there is no point in getting a new one unless the slides or bores are eaten up. all the jets, floats, and other assorted little pieces can be replaced or cleaned. take it to a bike shop if you dont have time to do it yourself.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
posted this on your other thread.......

I just checked on www.partsfish.com and a whole new carb assembly is $1,411.99 If you are lucky, you might find one for around $1,100 but you are much better off taking the bike in to a shop and have them rebuild it. Or you could buy a manual and do it yourself. Taking the carbs off isn't that hard.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
You can probably buy those carbs all day long on ebay for 150.00 bucks or less.

Just take them off and take them to a shop and let them do it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts