Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new to these threads, and am excited to hear from any of you who have much more experience and advice to enlighten upon me.

I just bought a 1988 Honda Hawk Gt650, and all that it has is a rifle windscreen and a corbin seat.

I wanna make this bike bad-ass. :slaugh

I need your help!!!

Lets start with pipes...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Wow...I was curious what this bike looked like and for it's time it looks pretty dang awesome but I can't help you with what your looking for....you should post pics!

the only downside i saw on the bike as far as functionality goes is that theres only 1 rotor on the front instead of two.....maybe by now they make a kit so you can have dual front brakes....

·
Ride Twins!
1,957 Posts
Define "badass".

Don't think the presence of another rotor makes a big difference.

You could focus on small things right now - flush mount turn signals, chop off the fender and relocate the plate, get the bar-end mirrors if you're into that sorta thing. Clean it up a bit before you start messing with the exhaust.

Also check out http://www.hawkgt.com/ - especially the photo album part to get some ideas. Bike looks pretty cool to begin with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep.

Apparently this bike is considered a cult classic, and is very commonly used for racing, as it tears up all sorts of twisties. I used Hawkgt.com to find a lot of useful info, and found out that it is technologically advanced, even by todays standards, and I got a GREAT deal on it.

Will put up pictures soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts