Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any1 feels generous enough, could u remove 1 of ur lower fairing screws and take it to a hardware store to determine the exact size/thread/head of the bolt? both of mine fell out and had to remove the lower fairing cuz the 2 screws up front arent enough to hold it on. thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I had to replace my stock lower with a Race one so it doesn't have the stock bolts. But I do belive they were 10 mm

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Hey burn, why can't you do it?? Just curious, not tryin to be an a$$hole.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kazlab67 said:
I had to replace my stock lower with a Race one so it doesn't have the stock bolts. But I do belive they were 10 mm
if no1 can confirm ill pick up some various bolts tomorrow and see how that goes. ive been riding w.o the lower for 2 months now, i need it back. :lol

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
LoL You don't need it back... you want it back. Many an EX500 don't have the lower cowling on them. Even though they do look a hell of a lot better with them on, and I believe the lower cowling helps with engine and oil cooling...

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, all the pre-95 (i think) dont have em. but having it on helps me sleep at night. :lol :D :D

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
BuRn__ said:
yeah, all the pre-95 (i think) dont have em. but having it on helps me sleep at night. :lol :D :D
That doesn't make any sense, I've seen plenty of them with Belly Pans... the 88' has a full lower fairing, there's no gap at all, I almost think it looks better than the newer ones. Also many companies sell the OEM fiberglass cowling for the 87-93's.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if uve seen ex500's with a lower fairing that has no gap, thats not stock. all the other ex500's never came with a lower fairing. the newer ones (with the diff. upperfairing) all have the 1st lower cowl implemented with the 500's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts