Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
I have a panasonic digital camcorder... but it still records on a mini-DV disk... it works great I use it for hunting... strap it under my gun and record away... it is a real trooper. The first time I used it I shot and the force of the blast broke it away from my shotgun and it tumbled down into a ravine.... I climbed down and picked it up - worked fine.... not to mention made one funny video! I will get the model number for you if you would like. It's drawback is, it records on a mini-dv, so you have to hook it up to your TV in order to play the video. I also own a Sony DVD camcorder. I think it is the DVR300 or something like that. I use this one for everything else. It works awesome and not to mention the convience of recording onto a DVD. I could take those little 3" DVDs and play them anywhere there is a computer or DVD player. You should look into both. The DVD recorder's prices have dropped tremendously. You could pick one up pretty cheap.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I like Sony. Samsung is a good brand too. The one you linked would be fine for track recording.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Get a Mini DV one they are smaller and u can get one for almost the same price at wal-mart or even cheaper on ebay

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
KawZX7R said:
Get a Mini DV one they are smaller and u can get one for almost the same price at wal-mart or even cheaper on ebay
I would agree.... for track do the mini dv camera would be best.. plus you wont be so pissed if something happens to it

·
Registered
825 Posts
as other here have said stay away form digital 8 (it is a format that has not taken off) and get mini dv. If you are going to mount it on to your bike smaller is better. Sonys are great you may also want to look at Canon ZRs they are good and can be found in the 200+ price range.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
maste said:
I have the Sony DCR-HC21 from your first link. I have it tank mounted it on my TLR. The picture quality and stability are great! Being a twin the camera was subjected to more vibration than an I-4 but still performed perfectly.

I have yet to try it on my new Busa. I'm still waiting to get my camera mount back from my buddy. He's having a blast with it!

Anyway, great camera! It gets my vote. :dblthumb

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I just bought that Sony linked above for work and it's great. You can really see the cleaveage and ass shots of the umbrella girls at Laguna. :)

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
wescoas1 said:
I just bought that Sony linked above for work and it's great. You can really see the cleaveage and ass shots of the umbrella girls at Laguna. :)
Well, dammit, thanks for sharing!!!!

:needpics

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I will, give me time to figure out how to work the damn editing software. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts