Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to court today for a speeding ticket last month. I was pulled over doing the speed limit by a camaro cop and told an airplane timed me at 87mph over an unspecified distance. I got a speeding ticket about 2 weeks earlier in our minivan for being in the middle of a pack of barely speeding traffic and am taking traffic school for that one. So there's no way I'd speed on the freeway especially on the weekends and in that area where I know it's just a big speed trap. The cop that pulled me over told me to take traffic school even though I already am for the other case 2 weeks prior. Well since I wasn't speeding at 87mph in a 65, I'm fighting it. Traffic was light and I was traveling at a safe and reasonable speed away from other cars.
Well, in court today, I plead "not guilty" and proceded to do "trial by written declaration" because I don't want to waste time in court again and my case is simple. Hardly anyone at the court knew what to do about "Trial By Declaration" so I got the runaround for a while. Now I have almost a month to post bail and turn in the paperwork for the "TBD". I plan to use all of that time. I was told the airplane officer and the officer that pulled me over have to do the written declarations as well.
I got pulled over on Saturday morning riding out to the mountains to ride the twisties and noticed every sportbike going the way I was going was pulled over as well. Also several cars were pulled over as well. How can the plane time all of us at the same time? Where I was timed and where I was pulled over were maybe a couple exits at most. So it seems tough to time at least 6 vehicles at the same time.
My bike's black as are my full leathers, but I had a blue backpack and blue graphics helmet on, so I don't think "black bike" could be a good vehicle description seeing as how several other dark bikes were being pulled over as well. He must've either confused me with someone else or made up a speed and told a ground officer to pull me over along with every other sport bike. There's no way I was going 87mph.
Can anyone think of anything else that could help my case? I wasn't speeding and want to make my case as clear as possible. I already paid for and did traffic school for a ticket I didn't deserve, so don't give me any "fess up and pay the ticket".

Thanks so much for any and all advice :dblthumb

·
Registered
402 Posts
Casket Crew said:
screw that mess man just go talk to an attorney...
Sound advice, a good attorney can get some of those reduced or dropped altogether, well worth the $$$. My wife got a ticket for doing 7 mph over the limit, cop was also sitting right where the posting limit changed. My attorney called the PD and got it thrown away, she was coming from hospital, had gotten bad news, was already in tears, and had wrecked her motorcycle a few days ago and had bandages all over her arms...she was speeding, no problem there, but she was in an emotional state and the officer was a total ass to her. She stayed pulled over and called me, she was so upset she couldn't even drive. Cop came back and told her to move on or she would be towed, she told him to talk to me on her cell phone and I told him the situation and that my attorney was already calling his captain/chief, whatever and this kind of abuse would not be overlooked. Captain was very understanding, as most POs are, and let her slide on this one, all it took was an attorney call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts