Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I am looking for the stock replacement rear tire for an 04 gsxr 600. I could of swore my tire said 218 but on teh websites I've looked it says 208... am I reading it wrong? I was going to buy one from the local dealer but he said it'd probably be 130 bucks so I thought maybe I could save some money off the internet. So if anyone could direct me to the right place I'd appreciate it a lot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I put a michelin pilot on the back with my stock tire up front, though? Also, what numbers do I need to match for the rear tire?

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Pilot Powers are freaking expensive. You can get a new D208 for around $80.... There are several internet sites that sell them for that. But check with your local dealers too, since they will usually charge you more to mount and balance if you dont buy it from them.. sometimes its actually cheaper to buy it from a dealership, if they include the mount.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Punkwood2k said:
Pilot Powers are freaking expensive. You can get a new D208 for around $80.... There are several internet sites that sell them for that. But check with your local dealers too, since they will usually charge you more to mount and balance if you dont buy it from them.. sometimes its actually cheaper to buy it from a dealership, if they include the mount.
Can I run the pilot in the rear with my stock up front?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah I just ordered the stock tires... I'll hit up the michelins next time. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mattz said:
Alright guys, I am looking for the stock replacement rear tire for an 04 gsxr 600. I could of swore my tire said 218 but on teh websites I've looked it says 208... am I reading it wrong? I was going to buy one from the local dealer but he said it'd probably be 130 bucks so I thought maybe I could save some money off the internet. So if anyone could direct me to the right place I'd appreciate it a lot.
we were (are?) selling the D208ZR's for $102. Woods Fun Center in austin tx, have 'em price match us.

·
Registered
320 Posts
D218 is the tire that Suzuki puts on them at the factory. Usually specific to the bike. 208's are generic replacements available at other stores (got this info from a Dunlop guy at Pomona).

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I had a similiar problem as Mattz. Between it being so hard and expensive to find a replacement D218, and the fact that I was never really happy with the D218, I ended up biting the bullett and replacing both the front and rear tires with Pirelli Diablos. All I can say about the Diablos are they are nothing short of awesome! The best tire I've run on any bike I've owned so far.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jake said:
I had a similiar problem as Mattz. Between it being so hard and expensive to find a replacement D218, and the fact that I was never really happy with the D218, I ended up biting the bullett and replacing both the front and rear tires with Pirelli Diablos. All I can say about the Diablos are they are nothing short of awesome! The best tire I've run on any bike I've owned so far.
:( guess I'll ahveb to put up with the crappies for a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Mattz said:
:( guess I'll ahveb to put up with the crappies for a bit longer.
I don't think the Dunlops are a crappy tire, I just think there are better tires out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts