Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Ill be traveling soon, so I need to trade in my regular cd player. I dont know what to get now. I see three options: (1) a hard drive based player, like the ipod. (2) something like the Sony Mini Disc. (3) a cd player that can support playing MP3. Any opinions on what is best. I like three because I would be able to play cds and MP3 without converting all my regualr cd's. But then again they are kind of bulkey compared to the new MP3 players. Any suggestions.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
I have a Mini Disc and I like it alot. I would like to have an Ipod at some point, but the MD is perfect rght now. it holds 4 hours of music on one disc. the only thing I don't like about it, I would prefer to have shuffle on my miine but I've yet to figure out how to do it if it even can...

i guess I could read the owners manual...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Some MP3 CD players tend to be a little jumpy when riding the bike. Mine won't stop skipping unless I put it on the second floor of my double tank bag. On the other hand, I have almost 10 hours of music on one single CD son it's very practical.

Personnaly, I think the i Pod is the best one, but it's expensive. If you are really serious, go with the i Pod.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ipod mini is the way to go. It doesn't get scratch as easily as the b***** versions and its considerably smaller.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have a full version ipod and i absolutely love it. i got an itrip plug for it so i can bring it and play it through an radio station such as my car. right now i have about 3k songs on it and i have barely put a dent in the space. i have a 20gigs. here's the different specs. if you go with an mp3 player, firewire vs. usb is a huge difference. my fiance opted to go with the dell and his loads by usb and it takes him all night to upload his music whereas it takes me a matter of minutes for over a thousand songs.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've got a MD and I really like it. I should have waited a little longer to get it because sony just came out with their Hi-MD format which is basically a dvd version of the minidisc. Something like 45 hours of music on the same form factor as the regular MD, which only hold 4 or 5 hours.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
slo_tom said:
I've got a MD and I really like it. I should have waited a little longer to get it because sony just came out with their Hi-MD format which is basically a dvd version of the minidisc. Something like 45 hours of music on the same form factor as the regular MD, which only hold 4 or 5 hours.

uggggh, I wish I hadn't read this...now I have to go spend more money :)

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
I got a Rio Cali sport mp3 player. Works great for what i need it to do. I mainly just use it for the gym. It came with an arm strap and it holds in there without a problem when im working out and doin cardio. I threw it on a couple times while riding my bike and worked fine to.

Mine holds about 60 songs, it's 128 mb. More then enough for me. 60 songs is almost to much. Gets to be a pain when your trying to find that one song and you gotta go through all of em :lol I only got about 20 on mine now and thats good enough for me. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts