Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a cotter valve for a yamaha YZFR6N YZF-R6. Repair Shop has one on order but doesn't know when it will come in. Can't wait....Must finish rebuild on a racing engine before Friday.

Any ideas where I could get one ASAP?

thanks,
Harmony

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
There's a motorcycle junkyard near Quakertown. I think it's in Richlandtown. Don't know what kind of stuff they have but you could try.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
A valve keeper

I am sure he looked on the microfiche and says valve,cotter. Like valve,intake. Its reversed on the parts list. In any case its valve keeper he is needing..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for info!

Very helpful info, Thank You!

My mechanic calls the part a valve keeper, but Yamaha has it listed as a cotter, valve.

I am going to call ronayers.com and try that. If that doesn't work I'll try the junkyard. Nice to know about both.

Harmony

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, no not a joke. I'm a housewife and mother of a 600 micro sprint driver. I'm sure everyone else would've called it a Keeper, but I'm not sure what I'm talking about when it comes to engines. (But maybe I'm learning a little) :)

Thanks for posting the definition. It nudged me to ask my machinist husband what the part actually does. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise, but glad I did! I can see how both terms make sense.

Harmony

P.S. the shop just called, the parts in. should get engine by wednesday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts