Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
9,168 Posts
Hey what's up guys? From Hastings myself.

Hey eatmorepork, I don't know if you might be interested, but Sat, July 10 they are having a car/bike show in St. Paul. Apparently if you put your car or bike in the show for the day, then later that evening they block off a road just on the edge of town and everyone that was in the show can take their cars or bikes out there and run heads-up grudge matches basically. Kind of like an organized street racing deal. Another friend or two of mine are planning on heading up there that day. I didn't know if that would be something you might be intereste in. I'm not sure what kind of drive that is for you.

This will be my first year going. My friend has gone before and said last year they had about 200 cars and a pretty good number of bikes, even though most of them were Harleys. We're going to take my Busa and his really nice ZX-9 up there and show them some real horsepower. Any Nebraska guys are welcome. It sounds like it'll be fun.

· Premium Member
9,168 Posts
cebu66 said:
I already got my license permit, but it's kinda sucks, 'coz you have to have somebody with you, who has a valid license for you to do biking, so it's been a week now, I've been biking just around the neighborhood, until I get my license.
I'm not quite sure I understand what the license premit is compared to a regular license. What are the different requirements for getting the premit compare to the license. Is the permit just temporary until you get you motorcycle endorsement?

That's kind of gotta be rough. I know I usually end up riding by myself, so if your are needing a partner to ride with I can understand your situation. Sorry, but I don't know anyone with a bike up there.

· Premium Member
9,168 Posts
cebu66 said:
justin726, I'm sorry, I meant to say learners permit, not license permit. Learners permit expires within a year, and to bike, you have to have somebody with you with a valid class M license. Next week, I'm going to try to take the bike test, and hopefully, I can get my license.
Yeah, get that license and you'll be all set. You can get out and see a little more scenery than just your same neighborhood. Glad to hear you're getting back into riding after all these years. Good luck with the motorcycle tests.

I don't know if you'd be interested but Sunday, July 11th, Pod's Power Sports in Lincoln is hosting a poker run. Starts at 9:00 A.M. and the last bike leaves by 11:00 A.M. The awards will be given out at 2:00 and lunch will be searved there. I'm betting there will be plenty of guys from Omaha that will make the trip to Lincoln and maybe you can "meet and greet" with some of them and find a riding partner. Usually everybody's really nice to everybody at these kind of events, especially to the newer riders.

I'm going to try to make it up there for that, but that bike show/street races is the day before, so I'll have to see how I'm feeling after I make it through that night.

· Premium Member
9,168 Posts
cebu66 said:
I'll be 38 on August. I got your message, eatmorepork. His name is Dewey? Thanks. I went to the dealer @ lunch to get me some lock and gloves, and to follow-up on my helmet. Honda has my helmet on back order since the 18th, SR4, shoei's RF1000. Any recommendations on good helmet, while I'm waiting on my order?
Any of the older RF's are pretty good helmets. I have a older RF800 that I absoloutely love. I really like a lot of the Shoei helmets.

· Premium Member
9,168 Posts
95zx6r said:
cebu66: I llive in Fremont and ride with a bunch of guys in the Omaha/CB area. There are about 8-10 of us total.
Tell those guys to sign up here at SBN. We need all the Nebraska members we can get.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board!!

· Premium Member
9,168 Posts
Wal-Mart said:
Hey guys, I'm also new to scene. Just bought myself a beginner bike :(, I feel that I've out grown it already. I didn't realize I'd catch on so fast, should have guessed seeing as how I rode dirt bikes most my life. I bought a '96 ex500 ninja from Star City sport here in lincoln where I live... I've searched this site looking at what people have to say about it...

I havn't even had it a month and I've already got in the paper and I'm looking to buy a b***** one, one that is worth pouring some time and money into. If you guys hear or have one to sell yourself let me know! Only thing is I'm trying to still stay below 600 for insurance reasons...

Peace out
Welcome to the board. When I first saw your user name I got a little bit of a laugh out of it, but then I realized that you were a fellow Nebraska member, so I figured that I better not be laughing at ya. Us Nebraska members are a little few and far between, so we gotta support each other as much as we can.

Good luck getting your bike sold. Although I'm not too sure what kind of an upgrade you can get above an ex500 but staying under a 600. There's not really a lot of options in that small of a range that I can think of. Maybe if you got into a little older 600, like maybe a Honda F3 or something like that it might be a definate upgrad from the EX ,but not be one of the harder hitters like the new line of 600's are. Hope you find something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.