Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like our one and only post has been deleted. I'll step up and start us a new one. So when do us few NE members want to meet up for a ride? :D

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Hey what's up guys? From Hastings myself.

Hey eatmorepork, I don't know if you might be interested, but Sat, July 10 they are having a car/bike show in St. Paul. Apparently if you put your car or bike in the show for the day, then later that evening they block off a road just on the edge of town and everyone that was in the show can take their cars or bikes out there and run heads-up grudge matches basically. Kind of like an organized street racing deal. Another friend or two of mine are planning on heading up there that day. I didn't know if that would be something you might be intereste in. I'm not sure what kind of drive that is for you.

This will be my first year going. My friend has gone before and said last year they had about 200 cars and a pretty good number of bikes, even though most of them were Harleys. We're going to take my Busa and his really nice ZX-9 up there and show them some real horsepower. Any Nebraska guys are welcome. It sounds like it'll be fun.

·
Registered
984 Posts
does anyone know anybody from here? Omaha? I've seen a few bikes around town, but don't know anybody, 'coz I'm new to this world. I've had a bike before, when I was young, about 18 years ago, and that was the last time I had rode a bike, and a week ago, I just walk in to a bike dealer and got me a CBR1000R4. I already got my license permit, but it's kinda sucks, 'coz you have to have somebody with you, who has a valid license for you to do biking, so it's been a week now, I've been biking just around the neighborhood, until I get my license.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
cebu66 said:
I already got my license permit, but it's kinda sucks, 'coz you have to have somebody with you, who has a valid license for you to do biking, so it's been a week now, I've been biking just around the neighborhood, until I get my license.
I'm not quite sure I understand what the license premit is compared to a regular license. What are the different requirements for getting the premit compare to the license. Is the permit just temporary until you get you motorcycle endorsement?

That's kind of gotta be rough. I know I usually end up riding by myself, so if your are needing a partner to ride with I can understand your situation. Sorry, but I don't know anyone with a bike up there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eatmorepork said:
Hey Doc,
Where in Nebraska? I live south of Columbus...
Hey man I live in Columbus. I drive through Shelby all the time when I have to work in York. I ride a red/white/black Yamaha R1. What do you ride?

About that St. Paul show... Sounds cool. If I can make it, I'll bring down my 2003 Cobra. I would love to run it to see how I stack up against some of those other rides.

- Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just remembered that I will be in Hastings this coming Friday/Saturday. I have a friend getting married there. I can't remember exactly what church though. LOL Plus I won't be able to bring the bike down since I am riding down with a couple other guys...

·
Registered
984 Posts
justin726, I'm sorry, I meant to say learners permit, not license permit. Learners permit expires within a year, and to bike, you have to have somebody with you with a valid class M license. Next week, I'm going to try to take the bike test, and hopefully, I can get my license.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
cebu66 said:
justin726, I'm sorry, I meant to say learners permit, not license permit. Learners permit expires within a year, and to bike, you have to have somebody with you with a valid class M license. Next week, I'm going to try to take the bike test, and hopefully, I can get my license.
Yeah, get that license and you'll be all set. You can get out and see a little more scenery than just your same neighborhood. Glad to hear you're getting back into riding after all these years. Good luck with the motorcycle tests.

I don't know if you'd be interested but Sunday, July 11th, Pod's Power Sports in Lincoln is hosting a poker run. Starts at 9:00 A.M. and the last bike leaves by 11:00 A.M. The awards will be given out at 2:00 and lunch will be searved there. I'm betting there will be plenty of guys from Omaha that will make the trip to Lincoln and maybe you can "meet and greet" with some of them and find a riding partner. Usually everybody's really nice to everybody at these kind of events, especially to the newer riders.

I'm going to try to make it up there for that, but that bike show/street races is the day before, so I'll have to see how I'm feeling after I make it through that night.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PC Doc said:
Hey man I live in Columbus. I drive through Shelby all the time when I have to work in York. I ride a red/white/black Yamaha R1. What do you ride?

About that St. Paul show... Sounds cool. If I can make it, I'll bring down my 2003 Cobra. I would love to run it to see how I stack up against some of those other rides.

- Adam
I actually live just two miles south of the 7 mile Mini Mart up on the bluffs on the east side of Hwy. 81. I ride a maroon '93 ZX11...its pretty sad to be surrounded by cruisers ain't it? Did you buy the R1 new? I know someone who sold one earlier (Greg?) and wishes he had it back (he went the H-D route).

Thats Hwy. 81 in the background.

I have some carshow buddies and the St. Paul show gets pretty crazy! I heard that they throw one helluva party...I was thinking about going too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
cebu66 said:
does anyone know anybody from here? Omaha? I've seen a few bikes around town, but don't know anybody,
I have a brother-in-law that rides a H-D in Omaha...sometimes the IceHouse has bike night (I think last Friday was a big one). I am not sure, but I believe either Tuesday or Wednesday is bike night down at the Old Market...I'll ask 'da brother-in-law this weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greg is the guy I bought the R1 from. He is a great guy. I bought another bike from him years back. A 97 TL1000S. That was a great bike that I wish I would have kept. Actually him and I live less than a block from each other now.

I know exactly where you live now. They just put a new house up there not too long ago right? Where are you from it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Greg out at Wagner's Lake? His GF cuts my hair (or whats left of it :) )...nice girl. My wife and I have the house with two porches and a walkout basement, basically the first one you see as you ride up our little gravel road, across from the new yellow house that was just finished.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, Greg B. out at Wagner's. I just had a house built out there. Sandi seems like a nice gal. I see them once in a while when we ride 4-wheelers on the river.

If I think I will be making that car show, I'll give you a shout. Maybe we could meet up.

·
Registered
984 Posts
eatmorepork, I know where Ice House is, it's just in front of the dealer where I got my bike. That would be great if you can ask your brother-in-law about date and time and his name too, so that I will eventually know somebody.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts