Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going about 40mph down this road and came to an intersection. The lights where green and there was a car in the other lane with it's blinker on waiting to turn left. When I came to the intersection about 20 feet in front of me the car pulls out in front of me. I jumped on the back and front brakes and heard a chirp from the back, front, or both tires. The back locked up and was way out of line with the front when I was comming off the back. It happened so fast I'm not sure of everything that happened my but I remember being pushed foward and my feet being off the pegs I think. I managed to save the bike though :)

Got to watch out for those cagers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
that happens VERY often.. they dont like to look and when they do, they think we are gonna jedi ourselves out of the way.. anyway, good thing you didnt lose it..lucky focker

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I felt like a jedi after that, +1 on being lucky. I'm not exactly what I did right but whatever it was it worked

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad nothing bad happened, you always have to be prepared for stuff like that happening when riding in the city.

·
Registered
147 Posts
seppuku said:
I was going about 40mph down this road and came to an intersection. The lights where green and there was a car in the other lane with it's blinker on waiting to turn left. When I came to the intersection about 20 feet in front of me the car pulls out in front of me. I jumped on the back and front brakes and heard a chirp from the back, front, or both tires. The back locked up and was way out of line with the front when I was comming off the back. It happened so fast I'm not sure of everything that happened my but I remember being pushed foward and my feet being off the pegs I think. I managed to save the bike though :)

Got to watch out for those cagers.

I know the feeling, same thing happened to me. But, I was going 55mph and I ended up laying it down and went asphalt surfing :urowned I'm glad you saved it. And from now on, I am very aware of my surroundings when I enter intersections and I bet you are too lol.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Yep,what they said and glad you made out to talk about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts