Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got down to see NCCAR. They opened it up to a local track day org here in the north east this year. If you get a chance to go you definitely should. It's unique compared to the other tracks I've been on. The only issue I really have is the lack of runoff in turn 10. Every thing else about the track is a blast. It's super wide and the grip levels are crazy.

North Carolina Center for Automotive Research- NCCAR

NCCAR 4-29-12.wmv - YouTube

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Looks like a nice track! That middle area for some reason brought MSR Cresson to mind. So it is a private track for research purposes? They could probably easily pay for the place with track days one weekends.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is a private track that i guess decided to let us run on it this year. The facility is lacking some basis like paved parking and easily accessible bathrooms but overall it has really good potential. The track is REALLY fun though turn 10 is sketchy for sure. It's a great track to work on the basics like looking through corners, body position or trail braking.

I can't wait to go back next month.

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
Putnam Park started out as a private track, then they opened up to some Race Org's, then the neighbors got all bitchy and the Race Org's mostly went away.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Only 90 miles from here?

Interesting..... very interesting.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
i know its been awhile for this thread but how much is a trackday?I went to the site and all i found was a $125 a hour or a couple thousand a weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts