Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
That's the type of squids I'm proud to associate with (USN '76-'82)!

I just read about this course a few weeks ago in the San Diego paper. Unfortunately it was because of a marine being killed in an accident. However, the article was pretty positive on the training and they said it was instituted because of the dramatic increase in motorcycle purchase, possibly related to the cost of gas. They didn't have a lot of statistics because of the short amount of time the training had been in place but initial indications were that it was reducing the number of accidents by new riders.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't ride on base at all without the safety courses, and my $400k government life insurance won't pay if I don't take it:rolleyes.I'm not too excited about taking it, but it does help out on your insurance a bit.

Another class, Marines just get used to it, just the big green weenie again...lol.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I always wondered why there were a bunch of bikes (mostly sport bikes) parked outside of the base on Coronado, now I guess I know why.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I am in the Air Force and I have heard that this class has been coming for quite some time for you folks in the Navy. I would be interested to see if I could get the Air Force to authorize me to take this class. I believe that this class was designed because of a lot of Navy/Marine personnel were coming home from deployments and buying sport bikes and getting themselves hurt or killed within days of buying the sport bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts